chapter xiv : that one night

│   ◢◤◢◤ TW: feelings of anxiety, slight derealisation

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 2.6k+

→→→ may 5, 2063

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

→→→ may 5, 2063.
→→ f/n's pov.

— at this time, the convenience store lay dormant. fridges hummed with restocked drinks; bags of chips glistened at certain angles; the fluorescent lights didn't dare flicker, not even in the faintest manner; books lay upright in a tight line as if being a line of soldiers, arms fastened to their sides and spines straightened. then finally, the register's screen would flicker off.

i had a small smile on my face and a pep in my step, bidding wilbur a goodnight and heading out the back door, letting it click closed behind me. it was my night with karl. finally after some shifts and hanging out with bad, i got the free time. and not to mention.. i was excited.

when i got home, i unknowingly spritzed on more perfume/cologne than i usually do. am i really trying to look impressive? this is stupid why am i taking this so seriously? it's just karl — the boy whose love language was physical touch and was always so sweet with me and talked with me like the social butterfly he was, holding my hand on rollercoasters with high drops and always hugging me from behind.

yet after all this time, i never really got close with him apart from hanging out with all the boys. sometimes it's crazy to think about how much fun we'd have anywhere we'd go. he's a walking firefly jar shining as bright as can be, and i'd never met anyone like him in nature despite all the different people i've seen in and out of the city and the regulars in the convenience store.

it was almost comforting knowing he wanted to spend time with me. just the two of us. while i fixed up my hair in the mirror and put on some earrings, i saw my phone's screen flicker on, seeing a text from karl that he was almost here.

i gathered my stuff and got out of my condo as quickly as possible, retreating within the hallways with swift feet. i could've sworn i looked like mr. krabs walking, my feet visually blurring together with every step forward.

i took the elevator like usual and made my way down towards the correct parking lot, eagerly pushing open the door to the outside world to find karl's car parked in an empty spot, the engine humming within summery fever.

i saw him glance up from his lap and make eye contact with me, smiling and waving. i waved back and ran over to the passenger's side, pulling the door open.