Draco took off his cape and wrapped it around Oliver's shoulders, making sure no one else could see the injuries he had suffered.  Then to everyone's dismay, Draco knelt on the ground in front of Oliver.  He used his claws and tore off the shackles around his ankles. His fingers brushed along the injuries and the frown settled in deeper.

Oliver reached out to caress the top of Draco's head, but he stopped himself because of how bloody his hands were. He didn't want to sully Draco's appearance with his less than favorable one. Draco noticed and immediately grabbed ahold of Oliver's hand and placed a light kiss to the mark of their marriage. 

"I was a fool," Draco murmurer. "It was such an obvious trap, and I overlooked it."

"So did I," Oliver sighed and lightly pulled at Draco's hand, urging him to stand.  When he did, Oliver pressed his forehead against his.

"How can I make it up to you?" Draco asked and pulled away to turn a dangerous glare toward Piers. "Ah, I know how."

Draco's lip curled into a vicious grin. "First, I think I will let the little Bierzen King experience every scar you bore... from every knee scuff to the Sand Drake's mark. Then I will help him die in the most painful way."

"Should I gift you his head or his entrails? Should I destroy his arms and legs and leave him for the Tundra Trolls, who will roast him alive and then consume his flesh? The Ice Sea Serpents are another option. They inject their victims with a paralytic poison that keeps them conscious. He would feel every shredding bite of the serpent until he died. Or should I have him experience the terror of the Infinite Lacerations?"

Oliver turned toward the pale and panicking Piers. "How could I choose? I like all of these choices."

Their words were not quiet, and the entire ballroom had heard the threats. Piers was still trembling on his throne, hiding behind a wall of guards.

Draco sneered. "You made a loud proclamation today, King Piers."

"I...I..." Piers couldn't find his words under the pressure of Draco's look. He was more terrified of Oliver standing next to Draco. He hadn't seen Oliver in a well-lit place, so it took a moment to recognize him. But when he realized it was Oliver, he knew his lie was exposed because he hadn't gained Oliver's submission. 

He was becoming increasingly irritated.  He had plotted so deeply... endure his engagement with Oliver, harm Oliver, break up with Oliver. And then, when he was established as the Crown Prince, he would take his father's position. 

But when he found information that King Gideon had a son, he panicked and rushed his father's execution.

He planned an entire on how he would kill his father. It was slow and methodical, so he could make everyone believe it was an illness that took him, not poison. But because the timeline sped up, his father's death was suspicious, and his council lost trust in him.  His rule was not as solid as he had hoped.

This was when Yonsu suggested that he marry Oliver.  He would gain the respect of the people by using the well-liked Kardos name. He successfully captured him, held his family hostage, and was going to break him. 

But this didn't work. Oliver denied him and escaped. Now Oliver is standing next to the person he feared the most, someone with the blood of monsters. He had never felt so helpless.  He was losing his grip on control.

A hooded figure from the shadows stepped out into view. The only person who noticed him was Oliver.  He didn't need to search for the tattoo because he already knew that this man was Yonsu. 

Oliver pulled on Draco's sleeve and whispered, "Suppress your dragon."

Draco didn't want to control his rage but listened to Oliver nonetheless. He quickly understood Oliver's request when he saw the hooded man. Ravagers... and one was obsessed with magical beasts' hearts.