Chapter 35 - You Left

I was dropped by the square and walked the rest of the way down to my cabin. There was still a few noises coming from the residents who were having little parties of their own in their cabins. A few people were leaving the bar as it closed. When I got to my cabin I made a sign of relief kicking off my shoes and diving headfirst into my bed. I made a heavy whine into my pillow.

What the fuck even was tonight? I wish I never went. I knew before I even got there that I wasn't going to enjoy it. I got back up and wiped my mouth remembering Hayes's lips were on them. Urghh Men. You can't trust them. I bet he thought he was the hero of the night when he just turned out to be like the rest of them. I cringed at myself when I remembered it. I didn't want to believe that I kissed back. But I did. I'm such a weak fucking person, I hate myself. I turned on my table lamp and turned off the main light, then I slipped out of my dress, grabbing a spaghetti strap top and some short shorts to wear to bed. I turned on the TV quickly finding something to watch for background noise while I most likely flick through my phone.

I jumped when there was a sudden, loud knock on the front door. Who'd be knocking at this time? Did Stella forget her keys?

"Laney!" I heard Logan's voice through the door. What? What is he doing here? "Laney, it's me!" He sounded drunk.

I stood confused, then eventually ran to the door. I opened the door and stared at him in confusion. He was wobbling slightly, he didn't look overly smashed but he definitely didn't look sober. He had a Can of Stella in his hand.

"Logan what the fuck."

"You left." He said it with confusion on his face, slightly angry.

"I left? You fucking left! It's your party why did you leave?"

"Why do you think?!" He said it way too loudly. I quickly pulled at his shirt bringing him inside to avoid a scene. I looked around before closing the door.

I had so many mixed emotions, I was angry and confused, worried, and flattered. He's left his birthday party for me?

"What are you doing here?" I said as he walked gradually toward me.

"Coming to get my girl." He looked down at me mischievously. Maybe he is drunker than I thought. His girl? He wanted Mia earlier.

"I'm not your girl, Logan" I shook my head.

He dropped his smile frowning, stumbling around. "You could be."

"Don't say stuff like that." I said looking down.

He breathed out heavily. "I just want us to go back to how we were before."

"What?" I don't know if I can have this conversation with him right now. "You do?...well... we can't." I sighed.

He rolled his eyes, scoffing with a little grin. "Excuses..." He lifted the Can to his lips, eyeing me while taking a sip. "I know you want me."

His confidence is turning to arrogance, he's not thinking clearly. We can't happen.

"You spoke with Austin." He said intrigued.

"Yeah."

"He told me he told you everything."

"He did..."

He looked at me like he was waiting for some sign or response from me. I trust Austin, I believe Logan's innocence but I'm still sticking to my gut I need to stay out of the drama. Maybe that's why he's here? He thought my mind would have changed.

I frowned looking at him. "Logan I don't understand. Why didn't you tell me the truth about the fire before? Why did you just give in? It made me believe you were in the wrong."