12. Hell is my Life

Start from the beginning

"So.... What did you want to talk to me about?"  I asked patiently.

"Right...  I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry.  About everything.  About... being a total dick to you when Ruby was around, and just.... everything I've done to you in the past.  I'm such an asshole, I know.  I feel so bad.  Could you forgive me?"  

Was he really apologizing?  "...After all of these years... you're apologizing?  Are you kidding me?  School has been hell because of you.  Maybe, if you didn't think I was pretty, which made Ruby hate me, which made you hate me, I would have some friends."  My voice broke right before I said the word friends.  "And now you want to say sorry?"  I was crying by now.

"Oh, god.  No, please don't cry."  He got on his knees in front of me and wiped my tears away.  "Please don't cry."

"I'll think about it.  But you have some real sucking up to do."  He smiled and removed the hair out of my face.  Ford wiped the tear stains from my face.

"Would now be a good time to start sucking up at?"  I nodded.  Then, he kissed my cheek and smiled widely at me.  Then, he walked out of the room.

I smiled as wide as possible, and then let it fade away.  What if he was watching me?

I walked back into the living room, and patiently waited for Evan to get out of the shower.

A while later, he did, and Ford came with him into the living room.  "Okay, Cloverfield first!"

We watched Cloverfield.  And every time I looked over at Ford, he was looking at me.  Then, he would quickly look away.  After the movie was over, Evan went into the bathroom to go pee.  "So how did you like the movie?"  I asked Ford.

"Oh, it was good."

"Yeah.  You remember that part when the little boy got possessed and started merking everybody out?"  That never happened, I made it up to see if he would tell me the truth.

"Yeah.  That was pretty freaky."  Ford laughed.

"Yeah, it would have been really freaky if it had happened."  I informed him.  I laughed as I saw his cheeks turn a bright red color.  I can't believe I made him blush.

Evan came out of the bathroom and turned on Jumper.  We watched it; I didn't look to see if Ford was watching me.  Then once it was over, Evan put in 21.

"Beer!"  Ford yelled, happily.

"You're only getting six beers Ford, you have school tomorrow.  Me and Tear Drop will have seven."  Evan informed him, and Ford frowned.

We drank, and drank.  And when Ford went to bed, Evan pulled out another 20 pack.  I whooped in excitement.  I was kind of drunk already.  Yeah, I'm a lightweight.  Sue me.  I had another 6 beers, and so did Evan. We were playing ninja, that one game where you try to hit somebody but they have to dodge it or else they're out.  It was really fun.  Then me and Evan both had another 5 beers, and I was majorly fucking drunk.  

We had two left.  "They're both mine because you had... um.... two more than me!"  Evan argued with me.

"No, the two beers are mine!  I only had..."  I counted the beer bottle caps that we next to me. "I only had 18 beers, and you had....  20!"

"No, I had 18, and you had 20!"  

"Nuuu-uh!"  I argued back stubbornly.  

"Wait... Wait.  We can both have one!  OMG!"  

"Omigod, YESHHHHH!"  I greedily grabbed the beer from him and opened it.  "WHHHOOOOO!  Wait.  Evan, did you just say 'omg'?"

"Yesss....."  He put his head down and I started laughing.