23. Hell is my Life

The contest is over! Woo! Read till the end to see who won!

Chapter 23

I walked to Ford's house, and when I got there, I was suddenly nervous.  I wasn't excited, I wasn't happy.  I was scared and nervous.  My breath caught in my throat, and all I could do was stare at the front door.

Why was I being like this?  Why was I suddenly so nervous that I couldn't even move?  What had clicked in my mind that made me go from happy to scared? I didn't know. But I swallowed my pride anyways, and knocked on the door.

I held my breath until the door opened.  Then I looked up into the brown eyes of the man I loved. Ford.

"Tear Drop."  He said, and then smiled sadly. "I'm so sorry."

"It's..."

"No, it's not okay!  I didn't trust you, and I should have!"

"It's o..."

"Stop it. Let me finish."  He paused.  "The truth is, I am so happy that you're "Marley" and not some random person, or even worse, Ruby.  I was just so angry because I thought you knew that I was "Stranger" and it was just a big joke to get me back from bullying you all those years."

"But Ford..."

"No, I'm not done! Just listen.  And when Ruby came up to me and told me today, that she did all of it, and you didn't even know, I... I felt like such an asshole! I'm so sorry Tear Drop. I just... I feel so bad."

"It's okay!"

"Stop interrupting!"  He laughed.  "Let me finish!"  I was silent.  "Yeah, I'm done."

I laughed.  "Truth is Ford, I feel the same.  I'm so happy that it's you that is "Stranger" and not some ass at our school.  That day, you were so angry at me and I didn't know what I did wrong.  You cheated on me.  I felt the same feeling that I feel when I lose the best things.  My mom, my virginity.  And it was the same feeling I felt when my dad and those guys raped me, and beat me.  It felt horrible.  Then I got my phone back, and I promised myself that I would find out who did it and get you back. You told me Ruby was the one who gave you my phone, so I confronted her.  We did some things that I would rather not speak about.  And then she told you."

"Let’s go inside."  He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the door.  Evan was sitting at the table drinking a beer.

"Hey Tear Drop!  I haven't seen you in a while!"  He set his beer down, stood, and gave me a hug.  I hugged back.  I had missed Evan, even though it hadn't been that long since I last seen him.

We separated.

"Are you hungry?  I can put a corn dog in the microwave for you."  Evan asked.

"Sure.  That'd be great."

Ford and I walked into his room and we sat down on the bed.

"I didn't know before, but I have missed you so much."

"I always knew that I missed you."

He smiled at me and kissed me on the lips gently.  He pulled away though, and I was somewhat glad.  I had started to think of those times I kissed Grant.  Ford was a better kisser than Grant, but not my much.  They both had their specialties.

No.  I needed to stop that!  I can't compare Grant and Ford's kissing while I'm with Ford! It was wrong!

I shook my head and kissed Ford again, shoving Grant out of my mind.  I had Ford now.

This time I didn't think of Grant.  I thought of all the good times I had with Ford, and of course, the pleasure of the kiss.

He didn't try to take it any further than just kissing.  I was glad about that too.