8. Hell Is My Life

Chapter 8

I slowly stood up. Lucas' face reminded me of my fathers, which made me even more terrified.

"Tear Drop, sit back down. I'll handle this." Mom told me. Right now, she looked brave, and strong, nit like she looked with my father. With my dad, she always looked like a quiet, scared wife. Maybe there was a huge difference because she knew that Lucas wouldn't hurt her, unlike with my dad.

"Why is she here?" Lucas demanded.

"My daughter is here because she flew all the way from Oregon to see me, and I’m not going to let her money go to waste! We were just watching movies, Luke. Got a problem with it?"

Lucas' anger disappeared and was replaced with shock. "Did you just talk back to me, Shelby?"

"I..." Mom faltered for a minute. Then I understood their relationship completely now. Lucas was strict. If my mom didn't do what he wanted, he would probably slap/beat her. And my mom was actually smart enough to do what he said, in order to no get beat.

I was surprised when Mom got her brave face on again and spoke up. "Yes, I did!"

Luke got angry, again. "You stupid bitch!" He slapped her. "You think just because your bitch of a daughter is here that you ca-" By then, I had ran over to him and punched him in the face, four times. His nose was bleeding, and he was on his knees. I kicked him in the face with the sole of my shoe, and he was on the ground.

"You bastard!" I yelled at him. "Don't you ever touch my mom again, you sick bastard!"

I helped my mom off the ground and we limped out to the car, where I turned it on and drove to my hotel.

Once again, we limped in, and collapsed on my bed.

"Mom, why do you let guys abuse you?!" I asked, exasperated.

"I'm not strong like you Tear! I can't keep it together like you can! I can't beat the shit out of someone! I have mental issues anyways, it's not like I'm strong enough in the mind to do it either."

That's right. My mom did have mental issues, because of her mom. She was a junkie, and had sex in front of my mom, and did  drugs in front of her. Mom had to go to therapy for like, 4 years.

"Mom..." I started. "You don't have to be physically or mentally strong to do something about abuse. Go to the cops. Tell someone."

"I know..." She sobbed into my shoulder.

And then we both fell asleep, just like that.

"Wake up, wake up, time for wake up!"  Mom yelled at me in a sing song voice.

"No..."  I moaned in my half asleep voice.  "Five more hours."

"Oh, get up Sleepy Head!  We're going shopping!"  She opened the curtains and the bright sun shined through the room right into my eyes.  I fliched back and quickly hid under the covers.  Then, Mom ripped the covers away from me so I couldn't hide from the killer bright sun.

"Ugh."  I looked at the clock across the room that read 10:29.  I groaned.  "Was it really nessasary to wake me up this early?  God."

"Yes!  It takes an hour and a half to get to the mall, then we'll shop for a couple hours, maybe 3 or 4, and then we'll get home, and it'll be 5 or 6 pm, and we'll still have tmie to do other stuff."

"Whatever.  Let me get ready. Get out."  I didn't look up until she was already out of the room. Then I remembered the deal that me and Stranger had.  Shit!  I ran and turned on the computer.  I ripped off my pants and grabbed the first clean pair that I saw.  They were black skinny jeans that had ripped holes in them.  By then, the computer was booted and I logged onto Enternet Explorer.  I went onto Hotmail.com and saw that I had two e-mails.  I clicked into them and saw that they were both from Stranger.  I clicked into the first sent one, while taking off my shirt.  Once again, I grabbed the first clean one I saw, which was a maroon short sleved shirt that said "Black Sabbath".  Then I went back to the computer and read the first e-mail.