"Um, ok thank you." She says and hangs up before I get to respond. I sigh and run a hand through my slightly tangled hair.

I really need a shower.

I turn to look at the fridge. I stare at it for a minute before assessing that I'm not hungry. I walk up the stairs and turn down the long hall.

My gaze goes from the empty hall to my pocket where the buzzing device lies. I pull it out my pocket and my eyebrows furrow at the notification. It was an unknown number.

Meet me on Brentwood
Z

Ok so we are not going.

I mean we have nothing better to do.

You mean nothing better than possibly dying? I beg to differ.
We could die

You don't know that.

No I don't but I would prefer to be alive.

And I would prefer not to be alone in this big ass house.

Damn it. Can we please not go?

Already got my shoes on.

After that inner argument with myself I throw my hair up into a messy bun. I stuff my phone in my pocket and down the stairs. Rushing out the door after deciding to walk.

I walk up to the empty alleyway and stop right before it. I turn around and start walking in the opposite direction before stopping again.

Ok, Dals we have two choices.

Go into the alley a dumbass

Or go home a smartass.

Dumbass it is.

"He-" I get cut off walking down the alley when a hand wraps around my mouth and a arm wraps around my waist. They yank me back into a dark corner where you can see the alley but can't be seen. They bring their mouth to my ear while keeping their hand safely over my mouth.

"Stay here and don't move if you want to make it home tonight." The deep raspy voice whispers in my ear.

"Keep quiet. Understand?" He asks. The familiarity of this voice hits my ears. I nod my head and he slowly peels his hand off my mouth. His hands rest on waist as he walks farther back into the corner. Right bed he backs up all the way he puts his head back near my ear again.

"Close your eyes and cover your ears." I do as he says and as soon as my hands fall over my ears a big bang sound is made before that sound continues. The guy leaves away from me as the sounds get louder.

Before I can acknowledge what just happened, I'm on the floor with a stinging pain in my forehead, right near my hairline. There is one more big bang before the whole alleyway is silent. I crouch further into the corner when I hear footsteps walking to me.

"Are you ok?" The deep voice kneels in front of me. I didn't even know I was crying untill I felt a salty tear on my lip. He stands up and holds out his hand. I grab it and he pulls me up into the light.

"Asher?" I say wide eyed. His eyes are also wide but he's not looking directly at my eyes, but my forehead.

"Shit." He mutters and grabs my hand.

"Where's your car?" He asks looking down the empty street.

"I walked." I say feeling slightly dizzy. Why is my forehead so hot?

"Fuck." He says pulling me along to what I'm guessing is his car. He opens the door and I get in. Immediately leaning my head back against the headrest and closing my eyes. I hear the driver's door open.