Missing an Old Friend

~hey lovlies<3 sorry about the long wait... but I'm back, this story isn't dead, don't you fret dear reader:)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Here- turn around." Techno says softly as Dream leans his head on the piglin hybrid's chest.

Dream does so, turning to face the water falling out of the shower head, humming and swaying as Techno starts scrubbing his back and shoulders.

"Can you rub?" Dream asks, relaxing his neck and closing his eyes.

"Rub?" Techno asks, raising one eyebrow and moving slightly to somewhat look around to see the others face.

"My shoulders." Dream clarifies.

"Sure, let me do this first though." Techno says, continuing to wash off his love. (Did they canonically have sex in the shower? Yes. Did I choose to write about it? Hehe, no:)

A few moments pass as Techno reaches around Dream and rinses the cloth he'd been using to clean him.

Dream leans into Techno's touch, eye lids fluttering as they sit barely open.

Techno's warm hands on his shoulders make him feel safe. They make him feel loved. In this moment, standing under the shower water with his love massaging his shoulders, he's okay.

There are no racing thoughts, no feelings of doubt. He doesn't feel like he's missing anything. He knows what's happening right now. He knows why this is happening and why it makes him feel the way it does.

He's not scared right now. Here, with Techno, he feels okay. He's okay.

"I love you." Dream says softly.

Techno stops rubbing his shoulders, wrapping his arms gently around Dream's shoulders and stepping closer to him.

Dream leans back, back resting against Techno's chest. He's holding onto Techno's arms with both his hands, eyes still closed.

Techno places a lingering kiss on Dream's shoulder before turning his head to bury his nose by Dream's neck.

The piglin hybrid pulls his head back a bit so he can speak and be understood.

"I love you, too." He says, placing another kiss on Dream's shoulder before pulling back from the embrace. "Can you get my back, please? 'M tired."

Dream smiles before turning to face the other. "Of course."

~~~

"Your highness." Skeppy greets, bowing his head to the king as they walk past him into the thrown room.

"Will you send for Niki to tailor a gown for this weekend's Galla." Eret says, sitting on his thrown, adjusting the cuffs of his sleeves.

"But, sir... Niki is in the prison under strict rule to not be let out until her sentence is over." Skeppy says, confused by the kings choice of help.

"I am aware. But I am king. And I have asked you to send for her." Eret says, narrowing his eyes behind their sunglasses.

Skeppy stands there for a second, glaring at the stranger that sat across the large room from him. "Yes, sir." He says, bowing his head again before heading to the new royal messenger's quarters.

~~~

"Are you sure he's sent for her?" Velvet asks.

"Yes! I'm just as shocked as you." Skeppy says, lifting himself up to sit on the dresser, leaning back against the mirror behind it. "I don't like what's going on with them..." he adds under his breath.

"You miss Eret?" Velvet asks.

Skeppy looks up at the other from where he'd been watching his feet swing with a sad look on his face.

Velvet gives Skeppy a sympathetic look, sticking his bottom lip out in a little pout as he finishes pining his official royal messenger badge to his shirt. "We'll get him back eventually. And, hey- he's still there. I think the best thing you can do right now is be there for them, you know, like show you're still there with him."

Skeppy sighs. "Yeah but... it doesn't feel right to act the same as before when he's not even the same person."

"It'll get better. You just have to stick this out till the others figure something out." Velvet says, placing a comforting hand on Skeppy's shoulder and offering a smile of encouragement. "I've got to go, and you should get back to your station." He says, dropping his hand and walking over to the door.

"Thanks, I need to hear that." Skeppy says as Velvet is about to leave.

"Of course. Anytime." Velvet says, smiling and leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

Skeppy knew that he could stay in here as long as he wanted, the new Eret wouldn't notice most likely, but he knew that what Velvet had said was true; the best thing he could do right now was show Eret that he was still here with him.

So he would try and do just that. He brushes himself off before hopping off of the dresser and heading back to his station at the thrown room.

________________________________________________________________________________

~new character moment- (I don't know much about Velvet but he's here now so-) also who knew there would be a Galla? I sure didn't but there is now sooo... hopefully I don't forget that detail... anyways- a bit of a shorter chapter but that's okay. Hope you enjoyed :)