Dessert in the Dark

~guh aye *whips and nae naes*

________________________________________________________________________________

"What's for dessert?" Tubbo asks, wiping his face with his napkin and taking a sip of his grape juice. (Eret let's Tubbo think he's drinking wine even though it's literally just grape juice)

"I had Ant make strawberry shortcake." Eret says, smiling. "It's one of his specials."

"Ooo..." Tubbo says, finishing off his main course with a bite of mashed potatoes. (Omg not the return of the potatoes)

"I tried some while he was making it." Skeppy says from his post at the door. "I can attest that it is very good."

"Now I'm even more excited." Tubbo says as Ant pushes the door to the kitchen open with his back, holding two plates in his hands.

Both of the plates had a beautiful fluffy light yellow piece of cake with vanilla ice cream perfectly balled on top of it, all topped off with some beautiful, gooey, strawberry sauce, strawberry slices, and whipped cream. (I personally do not like the taste of whipped cream but I am salivating at the thought of this)

"Here you go." Ant says, placing the plates in front of the two leaders.

"Looks wonderful, thank you." Eret says kindly.

"Yes, thank you." Tubbo says through a mouth full of ice cream. (Of course he'd already taken a bite...)

Ant nods before leaving back into the kitchen.

A few moments pass of the two leaders enjoying their delicious desserts when the dinning hall's door swings open, lights shutting oof at the same time.

Skeppy draws his sword and swings at the yet to be seen potential attacker.

His sword swing is stopped when a dark black hand grabs the hilt, covering his hands.

Skeppy's eyes follow along the dark arm, reaching the widely smiling face of a tall lanky creature, shrouded in shadow. Not even shrouded; it was the shadow. An extension of the shadows, it seemed.

"Don't try it." The things says, leaning closer to Skeppy. "You'll regret it." It says in a singsong voice before letting go of the sword and stepping back.

The creature turns it's head to look at Eret and Tubbo, both of whom are visibly terrified, just as Skeppy currently was.

"Don't be scared." The creature says, off-putting-ly happy sounding. "I'm a friend." It adds, walking closer to the round table the two sat at. "I saved you." It says, directed at Eret. "Do you not remember?" It asks, sounding hurt.

Eret shakes their head 'No' slowly.

"Tsk tsk. How dare you." It says, getting all up in Eret's face. "I was there. You just couldn't see me... Dream didn't want you to see me. But now I get to see you. All of you." It says, turning and looking at all three of the people in the room. "I'm free."

"Who are you?" Skeppy asks, staying where he stood.

The smile on the thing's face drops as it looks back at Skeppy. As it starts talking again, the smile slowly forms back onto its face. "Hi. I'm Dark. Nice to finally meet you all."

"You said something about Dream, what- what was that?" Eret asks, the creature still very close to him.

"I'm glad you asked." Dark says. "You see... I. Am. Dream." He says, smile somehow widening. "I've always been here. You just never knew cause Dream wanted to keep me a secret. He thought I was dangerous. Sure, I like killing people and seeing the blood shed that ensues when I do, but I'm not dangerous. I'm not killing you all now. Am I?"

No response.

"Am I?!" Dark yells.

"No. No you're not." Eret says.

"So you admit... Dream was wrong. And always will be wrong. Don't you?" Dark says, the smile returning to his face once more.

"I guess." Eret says, not wanting to know what's happen if they disagreed.

"Good. Cause he's dead. I killed him. He couldn't fight me anymore. I'm in control now." Dark says. "And judging by the architecture of this place compared to the rest of the place... you two must be kings." There's a glint of malicious intent in Dark's eyes as he says this.

"I'm the only king here." Eret says, leaving out the part about Tubbo being a leader as well to protect him from this beings intentions.

"Well, well, well... is that so?" Dark says, eyeing Eret's neck.

Eret nods, holding his breath.

"Can you ask them to leave so we can talk?" Dark asks.

Eret nods, not looking away from Dark as he speaks. "You two leave, get Ant too. Tell them I'm busy." They say, subtly hinting for the others to tell Dream and Techno that this is happening.

Skeppy leaves to the kitchen to get Ant before coming back and grabbing Tubbo, all three of them leaving at the same time, leaving Eret alone with Dark.

~~~

There's a pounding on the front door.

"Will one of you please get that?!" Techno yells from the kitchen where he and Dream clean dishes.

"Fine." Tommy says, having been one of the four living room dwellers Techno had been yelling at.

Tommy opens the door to see an out of breath Tubbo, Skeppy, and AntFrost.

"What the hell-" Tommy starts.

"No time... Techno... Dream... talk- tell something... important." Tubbo says through heavy breathing, still catching his breath from the run across The main Lands.

"What's happening?" Techno asks, suddenly appearing behind Tommy and moving the teen out of the way.

"Dark is-" Tubbo starts before his mouth is covered and he's pushed back out of the house, Techno closing the door behind him.

"What?!" Techno whisper yells.

"Why are we out here now?" Tubbo asks.

"They don't know about Dark and Dream doesn't know yet either and I don't want to freak them out so what's happening?" Techno explains.

"Dark is back and he's at the castle. He asked to speak probably with Eret and told us to leave and Eret inadvertently told us to come tell you." Skeppy says.

________________________________________________________________________________

~I finally learned the difference between desert and dessert (throwback moment...) anyways... Dark is back baby. Even though he's horrible I can't help but like to write him. I love his mannerisms and just his overall vibe. Anyways, wouldn't mind cosplaying him👀... anyways. Hope you enjoyed:)