Chapter 17 (a birthday of much love)

Roja's POV :
Everyone left to their respective rooms . Finally he came downstairs . Wait , what , am I dreaming ? . Arjun wore a purple colour sharwani and looked stunningly handsome . Looks like he is going out . Today my 6th sense is commanding me to stop him from going out . Why is this happening suddenly ? . I don't know why , he glanced at me , as though he is sighting me . He held my hand gently and took me to our room . He rubbed his neck turning opposite to me . I did not understand what was he upto . Finally he looked at me , cleared his throat and spoke up extending his hand....
Happy Birthday ! .
Oh , my ! , how does he remembers my birthday when me myself forgot about it ? . Am I dreaming ? . So Arjun is caring for me or he is doing this out of guilt ? . He snapped his fingers front of me , which made me regain my senses . I was unable to look at his eyes , I looked down . I held his and replied , blushing......
Thank you , but how do you know my birthday , when me myself forgot my birthday ? .
He replied.....
Yesterday I saw your certificates , then I got to know . I got a gift for you.....
My eyes widened in surprise and shock . He gave me a gift box , and asked me to open it . I anticipated , and when I opened it , I saw an elegant purple saree . It was damn gorgeous . It matches with Arjun's purple sharwani . I was happy with his gesture and concern towards me . I thanked him and tried it out .

Arjun's POV :
She is so gorgeous in this . Her purple saree , a matching necklace , simple studs , hair bun , jasmine flowers , oh my ! . What is happening to me ? . I never felt with anyone in such a way , except her......

Author's POV :

It was evening , Arjun had arranged a birthday party . He invited everyone he knows . Roja was wearing a light pink saree with white pearl necklace and loose hairstyle , Arjun had dressed up with white and light pink suit . All were chit chatting and having fun , meanwhile Varun questions Arjun.......
Varun : You are doing all these cause of Roja's happiness right ? .
Arjun : Yeah .
Varun : Why , did you fell in love with her ? .
Arjun : No , out of concern and care .
Varun looked clueless.......Arjun added on......
Arjun : Love between us is never ever possible . I just want her to be happy .
Varun was about argue just then , Arjun was invited on stage . Deepa asked him......
Anna , it's your wife Roja's birthday , sing a song for my Anni.
Arjun brushed away and said.....
I'm sorry , but I am actually very weak in singing .
Meanwhile Varun interrupted and said.... .
Hey , no Deepa , my friend sings very well , he is no less to a professional singer .
Bhoomika too added on.....
Yeah , even Roja's voice is damn good .
She placed hand on Roja's shoulder and said.......
Hey Rose , why don't you both sing a duet ? .
Both Arjun and Roja were stunned . Varun said to the guests.....
Hey everyone , kindly request these love birds to sing a song for all of us .
Due to everyone's request and Varun Bhoomika's compulsion , Arjun agreed to sing a song for Roja and next was Rojun's duet song . Arjun started singing " Adiye " song from Bachelor movie.......
Adiye , nee dhan adi , en bodhai thene mutham konju , sagiye nee yaaradi , kai theendum pournami , konjam nillu , penne penne , undhan kaiyil naanum koodum neram enna vittu chellaadhe , kanne kanne , neendum kaalam vendum vaarayo , arugile .
Arjun continued singing . Roja's blush was worth watching while he was glancing at her and singing . Next it was their duet song sung by them, Deepa asked her......
Anni how is my Anna's voice ? .
She blushed , it depicted the answer . Everyone started teasing Rojun , which both of them blush . Roja again started vocalizing......
Pirai theedum iravile uyire , edhai thedi alaigirai kathai solla alaikiren uyire , anbe nee vaa.....
She looked at Arjun who was already glancing at her and continued to sing.......
Pirai theedum iravile uyire , edhai thedi alaigirai kathai solla alaikiren uyire , anbe nee vaa , irulil kannirum edharku , madi mel kan moodu vaa , azhage indha sogam edharku , naan un thaiyum allava ? .
Another voice......
Unakenna mattum vaazhum idhayamadi.......
It was Arjun . He looked at Roja and sang with full of emotion . She gave a bitter smile . Arjun continued and when they were at the end of the song , a vocal line made them share an eye contact which Arjun sang looking at Roja with full of emotion and Roja too anticipated emotionally . It was......
Idhu kaadhal endru solvadha.......unakenna mattum vaazhum idhayamadi.......
After singing it was the time for dance , but Roja Arjun weren't good at dance according to them . But Bhoomika and Varun forcefully pulled them to stage , Arjun came behind Roja and embraced her , she blushed . Looking at her shyness , he slightly blushed , but did not express it . The music began.....It was Vaseengara song......
Adai malai varum adhil nenaivome , kulir kaayichal odu sneham , oru porvaikul iru thookam......
Rojun proved to the best in love . The stage was full of love , which was not expressed by both of them directly. Finally the dance came to end and both of they came out of each other's embrace . The party too came
to an end . Roja speaking to Arjun's photo in Rojun's room.....
Thank you Arjun ! .You made my birthday so memorable ! . I love you so much . I will wait for you till you accept me whole heartedly .
Meanwhile Arjun came in.......
Thank you ! . Roja said with a smile .
What for ? . Roja was about to say something , just then Arjun........
Sorry , I had hurt you so much , I was guilty for what I did , so I did all these to make you happy and come out of my guilt . Hope you are happy . Good night .
Arjun went to sleep ! . Tears rolled down from Roja's eyes . She was shattered . She knew Arjun had done it out of guilt , but her heart did not accept that . She sat down and started to cry .

What happens next ? .