21: truck

I woke up the next morning to blonde hairs covering my face and the sound of horns and boys groaning.

"Good morning" the smiling boy in front of me says before leaving me a quick kiss on my lips and getting up. I get up as well and we all change into our orange jumpsuits before going along with our usual morning and walk to the holes. We were all about half way done our holes besides twitch when the water truck pulls up and we all start walking into the line.

"First holes the hardest" Stanley says pulling the small boy out of his hole.

"Thanks man." Twitch says as they walk towards the front of the truck instead of the line. As they do that Squid and Magnet start pushing each other because Magnet was trying to cut the line like usual. Just as Mr.Sir was starting another one of his useless life lessons the truck starts and Stanley screams as he drives off.

"Go Caveman!" Everyone starts cheering as Mr.Sir runs after the truck catching up to it but ends up getting dragged and then falls into a hole. And soon enough the whole truck including Stanley does the same. Water pours from the tank over the truck as Mr. Sir stands there dumbfounded and we all run to see if Stanley was ok. Before anyone could reach the truck Stanley takes off running.

"Yeah keep going there won't be no Yelnats the fifth!" Mr.sir yells as Stanley continues to run as fast as he can until he was just a small dot of a orange jumpsuit in the distance.

"Nothing more to see back to your holes" the warden yells and we all jump down from the crashed truck and walk back to our holes to dig.

"We are never going to see them again huh?" I ask throwing a shovel full of dirt over my shoulder.

"I wouldn't count on it loon." Squid says making me sigh as look on towards the mountains where the two hopefully found each other. We all finish our holes nearly simultaneously and start walking back.

"Maybe he found zero, maybe they're both still alive." Magnet says optimistically.

"Maybe the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy are still alive too." X-ray adds.

"Yeah maybe my mom will stop drinking and my dad will come home." Squid says stopping the conversation since nobody knew what would be worse to add.

"Man when caveman stole that truck." Twitch says shaking his head as zigzag looks down at him before tapping his chest.

"That was awesome." He says with a smile before grabbing my hand knowing I was worried about the two boys.

"Yeah man caveman did have style." Armpit adds making me laugh slightly.

"There gonna be fine I know it." I say gripping zigzags hand a bit tighter.

"Sure they are." X-ray says and I can basically hear his eye role from the tone of his voice. Nightime quickly came around and there was still no sign of either of the boys. It was now at least midnight and I was still up sitting on the corner of my bed facing the door as if they were going to walk through any second.

"Hey lay down." I hear zigzag say from his bed and I just look over to him and shake my head. I hear him get up from his bed and walk to mine before the bed dips.

"The faster you go to bed the faster you'll know where they are. They're probably sleeping alright so you should to." He says wrapping his arms around me pulling me down onto him as he throws the blanket over the two of us.

"I'm just worried." I say into his neck as he kisses my forehead.

"I know girly but you need sleep." He says brushing his hands through my hair as he softly gums in my ear drowning out my worries as I slowly fall asleep.

An

So it's been more then a year lol. But there's been a lot of comments for an update so here you all are. I will start writing this more often again but sadly the book is coming to an end in a few more chapters .

Thank you for all the support!