10: warden

I woke up to the horns and whistles like usual but instead of waking up the remaining sleeping boys I quickly got into my jump suit and got out of the tent as fast as possible. The last thing I wanted to do today was talk to any of them.

I grabbed my shovel and honey tortilla and stood where the Mr. Sirs truck was. Once more boys had found there way out of there tent Mr. Sir started driving each tent to there different digging spots.

I didn't bother asking where anyone was digging and I didn't bother doing much today. I just wanted to dig my hole and go to sleep in my cot. Mom drained any sort of energy and happiness that I had by mentioning my foster father and what he had done to me I now didn't want to do anything.

"Looney? Chica? Hey darlin." I hear Squid, Magnet and finally Zigzag say one after the other. I didn't bother looking up at the boys and continued digging not even eavesdropping on anyone's conversations.

Once the water truck came X-ray had moved me behind Zero in line because of my "lying". I didn't care I didn't need much water anyways I was nearly finished my hole.

"Wanna eat with me?" I hear Zero ask and I just nod giving him a small smile. He nods and walks to his hole as Mr. Sir grabs my canteen.

"The warden wants to talk to you after you're done your hole." Mr. Sir says quite loudly as al the boys look up.

"Good. The warden doesn't like liars either." X-ray says aggressively throwing dirt out of his hole glaring at me. I don't do anything out turn to Mom and grab my lunch from him not looking at him in the slightest then walking to Zeros hole.

"Hey u okay?." I hear Zigzag say as he grabs my wrist but I just look at him and pull my arm from his grasp and walk to Zeros hole as we both eat in silence.

I know most of the boys did nothing or if they even believed mom but I didn't feel like talking to anyone. And X-rays comments weren't making this any easier.

After I finished my lunch I walked back to my hole and finished it at the same time Zero did and we both walked back to the tents as I ignored the boys calls for me.

Once we made it back to camp I went to the wardens cabin and zero went to the tent. I nervously knocked on the door as it opened and I was let go.

"Ahh I've been expecting you Andrea." She says walking over the a sofa where she sits and points to a small chair across from her.

"So I've heard you pushed Dr.Pendanskis. I heard his story. What's yours?" She asks leaning back on her seat as she crosses her legs.

"He was reading my private information our ma'am." I say looking down

"What information was he reading?" She asks now sitting up leaning towards me as if she interested in what I had to say.

"About my foster father umm inappropriate touching which was the reason I set fire to the house ma'am." I say wiping the small amount of water from my eyes.

"Did this man do more then just touching Andrea?" She asks in a sincere tone which I'm not sure anyone's heard from her. So I just nod looking up at her to see her face in more of a softened look instead of the cold looks he usually wore.

"How many times?" She asks. Why was this so important to everyone? It was the hot topic lately.

"3 ma'am but there was more touching and inappropriate choice of words." I mutter and she sighs standing up from her chair holding her hand out for me to take so I do so and she pulls me to my feet.

"I'll talk to Pendanskis about his behaviour. And for you I want you to come to me whenever these boys make you uncomfortable. I may be mean or a bitch is what I hear more commonly. But nobody should ever touch someone without consent and I'm a strong believer of that. In fact feel free to use my shower." She says patting my back as she escorts me to the door.

"Thank you ma'am." I say with a polite smile before walking back to D-tent noticing it completely full. Great.

As soon as I walked in they went silent and looked at me. I didn't bother looking at any of them abs just grabbed my towel and change of clothes as I made my way to the Wardens cabin. Which had warm water no token slot and nice female soap and hair products which I used a very small amount of for polite reasons.

My mood had been slightly lifted by the warden as I walked back to the tent wringing my hair out. But I still wanted nothing but to lay in my cot all day even when the bells were ringing for the rec room. Then supper bells. Then to go back to your tent bells. I stayed in bed and once the boys got back I hid under my covers falling asleep.

Zigzags POV

We were sat at the dinner table as usual as I looked around for loon but once again she wasn't coming. Mom didn't tell us why she really set the house on fire but it must've been serious.

"Yo guys, what's up with Loon. Today was depressing without normal her." Caveman says scooping the beans into his mouth.

"Don't care." X-ray said but anyone could tell he was a bit worried. We all were.

"She talk to you Zig?" Squid asks but I just shake my head stabbing at my beans.

"What has she said Zero?" Stanley asks Zero who didn't even look at us he just kept eating faster then usual.

"What she tell you?" I ask and he looks up at me then shakes his head and eats the last of his beans as he runs out to the tent.

"We gotta get her back to normal." Magnet says and they all look at me. Why me?

"Cmon man she likes you." Armpit says making me smile a bit.

"I'll try to talk to her tomorrow." I was definitely worried that I'll never get to hear that angelic voice again. That voice that calms me at any time of day.