8: Caveman

2 days had passed since the little night sky adventure and like usual nothing had changed.

"I think I found something." I hear Stanley say as I had just gotten back to my hole by Magnet who I had promised I'd have lunch with.

"It's a fossil. You see that?" Stanley says giving the rock to mom as the rest of the boys heads perk up to the conversation. I had already started walking to the two as everyone else joins in.

"Do I get the day off?" Stanley says making me chuckle as I reached the two.

"What?" Mom says to Stanley as if he had two heads.

"Well Mr. Sir said if I find something interesting I get the day off." I didn't want to laugh and make him feel more stupid so I just stuffed leant my head onto the closest persons back to stop myself from giggling.

"Stanley. The Warden isn't interested in fossils." He said pushing the fossil into Stanley's chest then grabbing his canteen and filling it.

"You can stop your hidin darlin." Well now at least I knew who I leant on. I looked up and smiled at Zigzag still trying to keep a laugh in.

"Give me that." Squid says ripping the fossil from Stanley's hands and examining it.

"What is it?" Magnet asks as if the answer hadn't been thrown around ten times already.

"Look at the little fishies." Armpit says in a singsong voice making all the laughs I've been holding in explode into a fit of giggles. I try to cover my mouth to hold my laughs in but they continue coming out.

"Oh my god." I say grabbing my stomach as I walk back to my hole laughing still.

After the boys had separate from there hole Magnet walked back over and looked at me as I still wore a wide smile.

"Why are you so giggly chica?" He asks scrapping dirt from his hole.

"I have no clue I think this suns seeping into my brain." I say relaxing a bit and grabbing my shovel.

"Zigzag was mad at me for makin you dig wit me." Magnet says as he continues digging.

"Why was he mad?" I ask and he stops digging and leans on his shovel.

"Maybe your nickname should be blind." He says shaking his head as he continues to dig.

"I don't understand." I say and he rolls his eyes. I think he rolled his eyes. I don't know o couldn't see through the dirty lenses.

"Zig likes you Chica a lot." He throws his shovel grabbing his canteen as he says this.

"I know that I like Zig too." I say nonchalantly but in the inside I was screaming at myself for telling him.

"Then go over there and kiss em" He says smirking going straight to the dirtier stuff. Instead of saying something like go tell him or go say something like a normal person would.

"In front of you boys. I don't think so." I say shaking my head digging the last foot of my hole.

"Trust me Chica almost everything you'll do will be in front of us." He chuckles as I roll my eyes. He was right though we'd never have privacy so why not go kiss him. No don't take relationship advice from Magnet.

~time skip

Digging had finished and we had all made our way to the rec room which personally I never enjoyed. Being in a room of sweaty boys who haven't showered all day after eating beans for months I can smell it just thinking about it.

I was sat with Zigzag trying to watch the tv when Armpit walks over and starts turning channels.

"Hey I'm watching that." Zigzag says swatting armpits hand away.

"Not today you ain't." Armpit days before turning the nob enough to send the whole broken tv into a fuzzy mess.

"Look you broke it!" Zigzag exclaims hitting the top of the tv. I quickly look away from their arguing when I hear Lump start yelling to see him pushing Caveman to the ground. So I walk over to pick him up when Lump runs his mouth more.

"Get mommy Loon to help you huh? C'mere baby." He says pointing towards him as he grabs my arm.

"Leave me and my tent alone Lump. There's a reason you sit in that chair alone all day." I say prying his hand off my arm when Caveman pushes him back a bit.

"Stanley I can handle this alright go." I say pushing Caveman away as I grab Lumps arm tightly.

"Yeah Stanley leave us alone. I knew you'd want me." I roll my eyes but before I could do anything I feel myself getting picked up and Lump let's go of me.

"Leave her alone alright Lump. She doesn't want you. Right?" I hear Zigzag ask me.

"The flies don't even want him." I say dragging Zigzag and Caveman to the pool table as the other boys follow me.

"Nobody messes with Caveman. Nobody." I say patting Caveman on the back. While all the other boys agree with me.

"Did you see the Caveman back there?" X-ray says as we all look at Caveman who still looks scared shitless.

"We all know Loon doesn't need protection but when someone does they got all our respect man." Squid says patting Caveman's back also. Then moms whistle sounds and we all start walking to the mess hall for supper.