Season 5 Episode 2

"Ready to go, right? " Tony wanted to know. "Ready to go," Bruce confirmed. He was as ready as anyone to attempt to undo Thanos' devastating finger snap. "Okay, remember. You bring everyone who was blipped away by Thanos five years ago here, to the present," Tony instructed Bruce. "Don't change anything about the last five years." He hadn't taken all those risks, after all, only to lose in the end. "Understood." Bruce knew what he had to do. In the lab, the Avengers stood ready in their battle gear. No one knew for sure what was going to happen, and they all wanted to be prepared in case something went wrong.

Clint held his bow in his hand and had a quiver full of arrows on his back that he could fire if needed right behind him were Pietro and Abigail. Tony stood next to them and tapped the arc reactor on his chest. Already the Iron Man armor formed around him. Then he raised a hand and activated in energy field to protect himself, Barton, Maximoff and Romanoff. "Friday, do me a favor and activate the barn door protocol, will you?" asked Tony. "Yes, boss," replied Friday. Behind the Avengers, the lab doors were closed. The skylight above their heads disappeared behind thick metal panels. Similar guards moved from the ceiling to the floor, securing the walls. A moment later, the room was virtually inaccessible. In case something went wrong, exploded, imploded or otherwise "ploded," the Avengers were ready.

Bruce slowly raised his hand to the glove. Since it contained the same technology as the Iron Man armor, the glove transformed and grew wider, eventually becoming slightly larger than Bruce's massive fist: Bruce put his hand inside. As soon as the glove molded to Bruce's hand, the Infinity Stones began to glow. Energy jumped from one stone to the next and raced through the glove. Bruce shuddered as pure, unbridled power coursed through his body. The energy pulsed through his arm, around his shoulders and down his back, and he groaned in pain. Then he dropped to one knee. And screamed. "Take it off! Take it off!" screamed Thor. "No, wait!" Steve raised a gloved hand. "Bruce, are you okay?" They had to give him time to complete the task, if he could. Bruce screwed up his face in pain. "Talk to me, Banner!" shouted Tony. Bruce doubled over and, by sheer force of will, managed to move his fingers in his glove.

As the energy coursed through his right arm, Abigail could see his green skin begin to burn as well as Bruce's clothing. Bruce nodded and groaned out between clenched teeth, "it's okay!" But that was a lie, of course. It's okay had been used by someone else entirely, and it had been far from okay.

Bruce clutched his right wrist with his left hand and mustered all his strength to lift the glove. Summoning all his strength, Bruce touched his thumb to the middle finger of his right hand. He snapped his fingers. And the universe paused.

Fainting, Bruce toppled over and the glove fell noisily to the floor. "Bruce," Steve yelled, rushing to his friend's side. Clint, Abigail and Pietro were right behind him and the former kicked the glove aside. Tony crouched next to Bruce while Thor also came running. "Don't move," Tony instructed the others. Tony raised his hands and let a cooling liquid from nozzles on the fingers of his Iron Man suit trickle down onto Bruce. This immediately turned to foam, covering Bruce's arm and significantly lowering the temperature all around. All at once Bruce came to and clutched Steve's arm.