Season 3 Episode 24

Even the water was no match for the awesome power of her fire, and only when Abigail collapsed unconscious did the water manage to extinguish the flames and the three of them carefully enter her black charcoal-covered room. In the middle of the room, Novanoff lay covered from top to bottom in dirt, but she bore no external injuries from burning. Steve and Natasha, who were the two closest people to her, carried her to the infirmary to monitor her vitals. Just to make sure she wasn't suffering from smoke inhalation.

Abigail's vitals were stable and Steve and Natasha were committed to answering the team's questions. So a few hours later, everyone still present met for a briefing. Bruce Banner, Okoye, Pepper Potts, Pietro Maximoff, James Rhodes and Thor. "A fire at headquarters how is that even possible?" asked Bruce already when Rogers and Romanoff entered the room. The atmosphere was heated and hardly any of them were still sitting in their chairs. First they had lost 50% of humanity, each of them missing a particularly important person, and now they would also have to deal with the news of Abigail's loss of control. "It was Abigail, she lost control of her powers," Steve explained in a firm voice but inside he didn't feel like being strong at all.

He would prefer to keep it to himself but he couldn't, they had a right to know about it. "Abigail? But like we thought she had her powers under control since her second stay in the Red Room," Okoye inquired, crossing her arms. This could get tricky Natasha thought and looked to the floor for a moment before she began to speak, "We thought so too a very strong emotion must have awakened powers in her we didn't know about yet." Uncontrolled new stronger forces in times when they could not afford another loss. "So you're telling us that it's possible her powers are far from reaching their full potential?" inquired Pepper, the first person in a long time to try to speak with thoughtfulness and calm in her voice.

Personally, she had only met the little one after the Battle of New York and only a few days later Abigail had already landed in the orphanage, so the two had not had much bonding time. But Pepper knew how important the little one had been to Tony, and if he had protected her, so would she. "Quite possibly. We know virtually nothing about the origin of these powers. We know Dreykov experimented on her to create a significant threat to Natasha but not with what. So it's hard to say what else we can expect," Steve breathed out a loud sigh and looked over at Nat, who, however, avoided his gaze and started toward the ground.