Season 5 Episode 1

"Good," Rocket said as Abigail was now back in her usual red Widow-catsuit suit, "the glove is ready. The only question is, who snaps their little fingers?" He wasn't going to volunteer. But Abi wanted to only she was pushed aside by Thor, who had been standing behind them. He strutted forward, raised his hands and graciously bowed his head. "I'll do it," he said, fully confident that unlike his teammates, he was invulnerable. "Excuse me?" asked Tony, annoyed.

Immediately, an argument ensued, as Thor insisted that it should be him who put on the glove and snapped his fingers. He approached the glove, but both Tony and Steve put out their arms to prevent him from taking it. "Listen, Thor. Wait a minute." Steve tried to hold back their overzealous friend. "We haven't decided who gets to wear it." They had to think hard about that decision, because it was very likely that whoever made the attempt would not survived the attempt. Novanoff, or now more likely Romanoff, considered scurrying past them and just taking the glove. But in her version they were in ruins so something had to happen first. "Oh, sorry. So now we twiddle our thumbs and wait for the right opportunity?" Thor had already tried to stop Thanos once, to no avail. This time he wanted to do everything right. There was no question in his mind that it was him who should wear the glove. "At least we should talk about it," interjected Scott into the debate. Which didn't mean he volunteered. "Listen ... So, sitting here staring at this thing is not going to make anyone alive again," Thor led. He was ready to do it. "You're right," Tony said, taking a step toward Thor. "Only, that's not the point."

Thor tried to reach for the glove one more time, but Tony and Steve stepped in again. "Hold on, hold on," Tony tried to calm Thor down. "Hey, buddy. That's not the point."

"Stop!" roared Thor. "Now let me!" Thor took Tony's hands and pleaded with him. "Let me do this. Let me do something good, something right." In this way, perhaps he could make up for failing the first time around Thanos. He had to make amends to the whole universe. Surely this role could only fall to him.
Tony looked Thor in the eye. "Listen. Aside from the fact that the Gauntlet has so much energy you could vaporize continents with it, you're not in good shape." Thor hadn't been in fighting shape, and even at his best, this thing might have been too much for him, Tony suspected. "And what do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" asked Thor, wavering.

He pointed at Rhodey, who had earlier delivered a bad joke about his eating habits, while Abigail simply watched warily. "It's lightning." He was still a god. Tony patted Thor's arm and said curtly, "Yeah."

"Lightning bolts," Thor repeated emphatically. Bruce stood with his arms crossed. "Lightning ain't gonna help you, buddy," he explained quietly, as Thor's
Pain and frustration had not escaped him. "I do it," Abigail now spoke up. All pairs of eyes turned to her and she could read the horror in them. "We don't know if the strongest of us will survive, so why not just sacrifice someone expendable?" Quickly Pietro shook his head, he knew what she was up to. "You're not and you know it," Clint objected. Natasha would never have let that happen, and so neither would he.

"I have to. You saw what the stones did to Thanos. He almost died. None of you could survive that." God and Inhuman or not, they weren't indestructible. They had to rely on Bruce's strength.
"How do we know you can do it?", Steve addressed the potential danger. "We don't." He took a hulk-sized step toward the glove. "But these are mostly gamma rays. It's like ... I was made for this."