Epilogue

Nine months. That was how long he had waited. And five days earlier, his wait had come to an end.

Now, sitting in the chair he had bought Annika, in the nursery, he held his beautiful little girl, wrapped in pink blanket, in his arms, and just stared her. The sun was coming up outside, lighting the room a little- just enough for him to be able to see her face. Her eyes were blue, much as Annika had wished for.

Today was the baby girl's naamkarann. He has thought for a beautiful name for his angel, just as he called him.

He thought he was ready. Though he had never experienced children around him, but it was amazing. She was holding on to his finger tightly, staring up at him, trying to figure him out. He was staring down at her, trying to figure her out.

So he continued to smile at her, loving every minute that he spent with her. "I love you",he said quietly, rubbing her small hand with his thumb. She tightened her hand around his finger even more and he knew this little girl would have him so tightly wrapped around her little finger until the day he died. Just like Annika.

"Thought I'd find you in here", came Annika's voice, soft and full of sleepiness. But she was smiling as she leaned against the doorframe.

"I can't seem to get enough of her", he said, smiling at Annika before looking down at the baby.

Annika slowly walked towards them,the two loves of her life. "Look at how she's looking at you", she said. It made her her heart melt completely. "She adores you", she smiled.

He looked up at Annika once again. "Come here", he told her, shifting a bit in his chair. She sat down inthe chair with him and he placed the baby in her arms.

"Hey sweetheart", Annika smiled, kissing her head. The baby reached her tiny hand up and grabbed Annika's chin. She kissed her hand and smiled. Annika laughed when the baby yawned. "I think she's sleepy", she told him.

When the baby closed her eyes, Annika leaned her head against Shivaay's and they both watched their little girl sleep. "Thank you Annika", he whispered, kissing her temple.

"For what?", she asked.

He smiled. "For making me the happiest man alive", he whispered. He kissed her head again and closed his own eyes, content with having Annika and Angel close to him.

Annika reached one hand out and grabbed his hand to hold. She kept her eyes open,listening to both her little girl and Shivaay breathe so peacefully. She didn't mind Shivaay not telling what name he had thought for their baby. She knew that he won't tell until the time.

They had spent almost every waking and sleeping moment together and if it were possible, loved each other more because of it. Of course she had enjoyed it being just two of them. Their baby was amazing. This moment was what she had expected for herself when she thought about marriage and family. Everything was perfect.

*****

It was finally the time for the ceremony. Annika was dolled up in a peach saree while Shivaay was twinning with her in a kurta. She was making their little one dress up for the function.

"Aree mera baby", she played with her as the baby was constantly smiling and laughing at times, "You know baby, everyone is yearning to see you in this frock", she smiled.

Shivaay walked inside the room. He saw the two most important girls of his life smiling and laughing. He couldn't help but adore them peacefully. He took out his phone and clicked the picture of them.

The flash sound made Annika alert and she looked at her husband. She smiled to him before pulling up the baby in ber arms, "Angel, tell Papa that it is bas to click someone's pictures like this", she poked her nose with the Baby's.