Chapter 36 : A Stormy Return

"When your Past calls, Don't answer. It has nothing new to say!"

Annika stood there, traumatised. She didn't had words to blurt. Just an hour ago, she confessed those words to her present and now, an hour after that, her past came knowing down her door. The person which made her cry, but also the person who made her stronger. Tears were dripping like waterfall.

While Annika was in a miserable state, Shivaay was equally dumbstruck. Who the hell is this Mr. Vadhera and why is he having such an impact on her life. He held Annika via her shoulders to provide the necessary support. "Annika, relax", he told calmly.

Annika came out of his grip and walked to the door of the room. She wanted to peep inside, but the door was shut. She brushed off her tears and turned to the Doctor, "What's wrong with him?"

The Doctor, who was quite close the Goenka's knew Annika well. He wondered why is she whining for a stranger, "He suffered an accident. Maybe, a car bumped him. Don't worry, the condition is stable now. Infact, I think you should head to him. He was calling you when he was unconscious"

"I can meet him, right?", she smiled faintly, being sure that Dr. Mehra treated him well.

"Sure!", the doctor smiled back.

Annika looks at her father, who clearly didn't wanted her to go inside. She mouthed a plead to him, still he didn't bulge. Manish looks at Shivaay, who was still at him place, looks demanding explanation. Annika faced the door again. She kept her hands over the silver colored metal knobs. She clicked the door open and enters inside. Once completely inside the room, she shut the door, not locking it.

Her eyes goes on the bed. There layed a man, with bandaged head, a blood spot over it. Also, with few bandages covering the elbow. She took slow advances to the bed. With each step, the velocity of tears increased. Once, near the bed, she sat on it. The person was still unconscious. She brought her palms on his forehead and caressed it, "Yug"

(Those of you who don't remember, check out Ch-19, Her Painful Past)

All the flashes of past rushed her cerebellum. Their accidental meets eventually leading them to date and at last, he breaking her heart, proving himself a gold-digger. But our heart is sensitive. It eventually tends to the person it hates the most. She leaned closer to his body and hugged him, making sure to not hurt his wounds.

Here outside, Shivaay was still confused. Manish and Abhay were having a word with Dr. Mehra and Sandhya was instructing the maid. Abeer was the only Goenka who stood beside him. He spoke, "Abeer, who's he?". His voice was anxious, confused and feeble.

Abeer looked at Shivaay. He had the right to know, "Bhaiya, actually he is------"

Before Abeer could complete his words, he was disturbed by Manish, "Ummm, Shivaay, come with me". Shivaay nodded and followed Manish to the study.

Once they reach the study, Manish shuts the door. Mustering up courage, he neared Shivaay. He held either of his shoulders, "Shivaay, umm...that..that person is...is Yug", Manish told.

Yug's name made him numb, "What?" The first thought which came in his mind was what will be the consequence of his return on his and Annika's relationship. Whenever they try to take a step ahead in their relation, either of their's past return to haunt them. First Tia, then Mallika and now, Yug. They were successful in accomplishing the first two hurdles but the third one seemed tough nut to crack since Annika used to hold feeling for him.

"Shivaay, relax", Manish tried to console him.

"Can I stay alone for some time Papa?", he asked, being unsure of if he still holds the rights to call him as Papa.