Chapter 58: Babies

Ten Months Since Marriage

Shivaay was anticipated. He was waiting for his wife who can be home any time soon. He wanted to know all the details of whatever was happening around her.

The thing was Annika had gone to be with Khushi. It was the latter's delivery surgery. Arnav and Khushi had thought that being in Mumbai would be a lot more better than being in New York due to their family and friends staying there.

Shivaay sensed some noise at the room's door. He looked there and Annika entered in with a huge smile. He looked anxiously at her, expecting her to spill out all the details as soon as possible. She had refused to say anything on the phone cause she wanted to tell everything in person. "Thank God I refused you to come there. They weren't allowing more than three members there", she told him. She placed her bag on the table.

What? After waiting for so long, she is saying this? Wasn't she supposed to say something about baby, wether it was a girl or a boy? Or even how is Khushi? This woman does know how to drive him crazy. She walked away inside the dressing area and he walked behind her, "I expected you to say something more than this".

She giggled. She stood in front of the dresser and fiddled with her watch. "I will tell you everything but right now, I am starving. The weather is awesome so lets have ice-cream sitting in the balcony", she said. She herself was so anxious to tell him about all of it, but proper setting is a thing, right?

He sighed. The curiosity was killing him again and again. But he knew that he didn't had any other option than to listen to her. He walked out to grab some ice cream from the freezer.

*****

When he came back, she was already sitting on the couch in the balcony. She was dressed in her night wear and was covered with a blanket. She saw and him eyed him to crepe inside the blanket. He did so. She smiled and opened the pack of ice-cream. She took a spoon of it, relishing it's taste, "I love you".

He eyed her, "You're saying this to me or the ice-cream?", he asked her.

She looked at him, "You want me to be honest with you?", she teased him. He huffed but she bent towards him, kissing his lips softly, "Aww, I love you, Shivaay Singh Oberoi", earning a smile from him.

He took the spoon from her before tasting the ice-cream himself. He wasn't used to be a person who used to like sweets, but she, she changed him. "Now will you please spill the bean".

She took the spoon from his hand. She turned her body so as to face him properly, "It'a a boy", she disclosed, "They named him Karan", she added.

She could see the brightest possible smile on Shivaay's face. He was actually happy. "Wow! That's too good", he exclaimed, "How are they?", he asked.

"Both Khushi and Karan are good". While she was saying all these, some memories flooded in her mind. She wasn't saying something. She was just smiling to herself, her thoughts and her dreams.

He saw her. He knew what was she thinking about. It was common with him too. It happens when they look at or think about kids. He squeezed her palms, "Hey".

She snapped out of her thoughts. She saw her surrounding, "You know Shivaay, I took a baby in my arms for the first time. He was this small", she said maintaining some distance between her palms, trying to show him the size of the baby.

He was listening to ber very keenly. He wants to know everything about babies before he welcomes one in their lives. Annika wasn't pregnant yet but they were ready for it, and that was for sure.

"He had thise small pearl sized eyes. His skin was so soft as a ball of cotton", she explained him the features of baby Karan. She seems to have forgotten about the ice-cream which had started to melt. All she was focused was the baby talks.

"His eyes? Black or brown?", he asked. Khushi had black eyes and Arnav had brown ones. He remembered Arnav and Khushi had so many arguments on whom the baby will be similar to.

"Black, like Khushi's. You know I want all our children to have your eyes", she told excitedly.

He chuckled, "How manu babies have you already planned in that tiny head of yours?", he teased her.

"First, I don't have a tiny head and second, about babies, I don't know", she shrugged her shoulders, suppressing her grin.

He caught her hand, "Well I guess, four girls would be perfect. While Kriti and Ananya would be on my side, Sanjana and Isha would be on yours or I think, all four of them would side me", he had his all planning done.

She laughed at his plans loudly, "Kriti, Ananya, Sanjana, Isha? Who are they?", she asked.

"Our four daughters", he informed her.

She widened her eyes at him, "Four kids? That's not gonna happen!", she told him. Was her husband planning to kill her what?

He tried to move closer to her, "Well, that depends on me, not you", he brushed his hands which was slowly moving to her waist from her thighs.

She giggled being feeling ticklish. She summoned her strength and pushed him back, "Kuch bhi?"

"You want a girl ora boy?", he asked stretching his arms out to pull her in his embrace.

She kept her head on his shoulder and wrapped her hand around his arm, "A boy, just like you, subtracting the arrogance, proud and temper".

He hits on her head briefly, "I want a girl like you, subtracting umm, nothing. Just like you", he told.

She smiled to herself, "What are we gonna name them?", she asked.

"We can do a thing. If it's a boy, you'll name him and be it a girl, I'll name her", he suggested.

She looked up at him, "That would be great", she said. 

"You were telling about Karan", he reminded her. He did wanted to talk about the baby.

Her eyes gleamed with excitement again. She moved away from him, "Yeah, so he is so beautiful. When he held my finger for the first time, it felt like I never wanted this baby to go away until I realised it was not mine", she was sad at the end.

He smiled slightly. He held on her cheek, "Some time later, you'll have your's too. I promise", he assured her.

She nodded after smiling, "Khushi told me that it was the best feeling she ever had. She had never been so happy, not even when Arnav and she got married. She was literally laughing, smiling and crying all at the same time", she explained, "She was almost dying during the procedure", she felt getting scared.

"Don't think about it, Annika. Karan amd Khushi, both are fine and we are far away from all of it. Eventually, we'll make it through", he consoled him. She nodded. "But we need to do something to make that happen, right?", he had a cocky smile playing on his lips. She giggled before he held her up to yake her to the bed.

Hit the vote button if you like it!