"Oh right, some stuff went down last night and we didn't want to deal with fucking teachers so we though we just wouldn't bother" Lucien replied as Laurent slid a plate with avocado toast on it and coffee over towards me on the table.

I nodded my head not wanting to pry in their business.

"You guys are ok though?" I said checking

"Yah we're ok" Laurent said as he looked over to Lucien from the corner of his eye.

Weird.

I nodded again hesitantly. I find out eventually, I always do.

I thanked Laurent for the food as Lucien slouched down in a seat at the table due to him not finding anything he wanted in the fridge.

He doesn't like avocados.

After Laurent and I finished eating we cleaned the dishes and started just talking about random shit still at the table. Suddenly we heard a thump from upstairs but dismissed it as nothing else was heard for a couple moments.

Suddenly Cyrille raced down the stairs, we cranes our neck's to look at him and the twins stood up immediately. He was holding a small bundle from the distance. I squinted my eyes as he got fully down the stairs noticing the bundle was in fact a human.

Roman.

I shot up from my seat as we all rushed over to them. Cyrille had tears falling from his eyes and a fearful expression while Roman had red rimmed eyes and tear stains on her pale cheeks. She was breathing rigidly and fast. She oddly just stared into the distance, she didn't look like she was present.

She was having a panic attack.

The twins and Cyrille were talking quickly trying to find out what to do and explaining what happened to Roman. I listened quickly trying to find out what sent her into this state. He said that he stayed with her last night because of the storm and when they woke up she jumped off the bed and into the corner of the room and he couldn't get her to respond or calm down. I wanted to know why but I pushed my questions down.

I pulled at the roots of my hair before extending my arms towards Cyrille, he looked at me panicked and confused.

"Give me her, she's having a panic attack. I might be able to calm her down" the twins know about my past and how I used to have panic attacks frequently so they hurriedly encouraged Cyrille to hand her over.

He struggled with letting me have her but eventually placed her into my arms. Her small body felt rigid and stiff against me while sending a chill throughout my bones due to her cold state. Tingles shot up my arms as they came into contact with her skin but I quickly ignored them. Roman didn't even respond to being shifted over to another persons arms as she continued to stare at the roof of the penthouse.

I tightened my arms around her and held her closer to my chest trying to get her to respond to my heartbeat, to match it. Her eyes drifted over to me slowly. My breath calmed down suddenly. I hadn't been able to fully see her eyes before, they were a beautiful, an emerald green and a grey although they looked dulled. They scanned my face fuzzily before meeting my own eyes. They stayed there for some time. She had a freckle on the corner of her green eye.

I realized that she was still breathing rigidly so I moved over to the couch and laid down with her still in my arms but now slightly on top of me and slightly pushed towards the side of my body so she doesn't feel too awkward fully on top of me.

Jeez, she weights like nothing. That can't be normal, right?

Alexandre always lays on top of me when I have a panic attack and he's around even though he's only three, usually if I have a panic attack it's best for me to be below the person helping me but I feel like Roman might feel trapped, oh and I'd probably crush her so her lying on me would probably be best.

Her hand fists my shirt as she pushes her head closer to my chest, I think trying to hear my heartbeat clearer. I give Cyrille and the twins a look saying to leave for a while. I don't think Roman would like to have people surrounding her when she gets out of this panicked state.

Its been a couple minutes after they left the room and we laid down and I can feel that Romans breathes have calmed down. I'm glad that this tactic worked to calm her down because I really only know how to do it this way. Alexandre came up with it, and the day he did was one of my best days. Romans eyes slowly and hesitantly angled upwards and reached mine as I looked back down at her.

She cleared her throat after a minute and shot up from our position leaving the side of my body she was on begging for her presence once again. She quickly sat upwards and shifted quite far away from me on the couch. I also sat up and looked towards her. Her hands subconsciously started squeezing each other and picking at the nails. I noticed the small tattoos that covered the top of her hands.

My body begged me to reach out and stop her from straining her skin but I knew that right now she just got out of a panic attack laying on top of a boy she doesn't know at all and me touching her would scare her. And I never want to scare her.

"Roman" I said quietly

Her eyes shot up towards mine once again confused probably to how I know her name.

"I'm Augustus, the twins friend. I've known them for quite a while" I said quickly letting her know that the twins are my friends.

Although she sucks in a breathe and starts to squeeze her hands harder. I start to panic seeing that I'm scaring her.

"I have a little brother named Alexandre who's three, he's moving in with me to my apartment a little ways away from here. He's absolutely adorable with his curly brown hair and blue eyes, although the blue is a little different from mine. We basically look the same except that he's actually cute." I chuckle trying to distract her from her thoughts by telling her about Alexandre.

I continue telling her about Alexandre and eventually she looks towards me after chuckling a little. It's quiet and slightly deeper if not the same as her usual tone. You'd have to be looking at her to actually know she's laughing. And there is a dimple on one of her cheeks. A fucking dimple.

 A fucking dimple