Prelude

Hello Beautiful People..!!

This is the prologue of the story. You will understand the setting once we enter the chapters..!!

Anyways, here's your update.. :)

.

.

.

.

This was the time before independence in India, it would be around early 1920's or late 1910's. The state of Rajasthan was ruled by many kings and it was way more bigger than present day Rajasthan, it was called as Rajputana.

Devgarh and Jaigarh, two of the wealthiest kingdoms back then, always had friendly relations. They had been one of those kingdoms who stayed in each other's thick and thin.

Everything was going right until a dreadful famine hit Devgarh, the king of Devgarh, Purushottam Singh have tried every other idea to subdue the issue but the famine have led to water scarcity, hunger deaths, poverty, unemployment and so on. As if someone answered the king's prayers, Jaigarh rescued them by providing enough water and food, creating some employment opportunities to the people of Devgarh.

The famine continued for 10 long years until the 11th monsoon season arrived. That year, the rains were so heavy that it took a week's rain to end the water scarcity problem, the barren fields bloomed, wells were flourishing with water and there was no food scarcity. The king of Devgarh knew no bounds of happiness as he got to know that he was about to be a grandfather, same as the king of Jaigarh.

The king of Devgarh arranged a grand feast in the honour of the generous king of Jaigarh, Someshwar Singh. It was then decided that they would wed the first male child of Jaigarh to the first female child of Devgarh.

However, both the grandchildren were male, much to their dismay. Their promise remained still even when both the kings died fighting for independence for the nation. Their respective queens lived shortly, giving the responsibility of the kingdoms to their respective sons.

However, the sons had to go through the same fate as their fathers while the grandchildren of the kingdom, Brijraj Singh (of Devgarh) and Giriraj Singh (of Jaiagrh) were brought up to be best of friends. They went to same school, same college and even got married to two best friends.

Even after independence, the people believed monarchy more than the government. So to avoid conflicts among people, government decided to make royalty mediators between the system and people. Since then, some parts of Rajasthan was ruled by the royals even though democracy was into effect.

Jaigarh's queen, Maharani Vasundhara Devi conceived after one blissful year of their marriage. As Jaigarh's former queen (Giriraj's mother) have died shortly after their marriage, Devgarh's Rajmata Mrinalini Devi have taken care of her as if she was her own daughter.

After nine months, Maharani Vasundhara Devi gave birth to a healthy boy, who was named Udayveer Singh and three months later, Rajmata's younger daughter in law, Kumwar Rani Menaka Devi gave birth to a boy named Vijayendra Singh.

Meanwhile, Maharani Komal Devi was too depressed that she couldn't conceive no matter how much they tried for baby, but her prayers got answered after three years when she birthed a beautiful baby girl, named Manyata.

Whole Devgarh and Jaigarh celebrated the day as they finally got a chance to fulfil their promise which was made years ago. Everyone in the Devgarh and Jaigarh royal households, adored and loved the kids.

The royal family decided that no one would disclose the engagement of Uday and Manyata until they come of age as they didn't want to burden them with responsibilities since the young age.

When Uday and Vijay were 5, Manyata, Jagat (Uday's younger brother, Unnati's twin) and Unnati (Uday's younger sister, Jagat's twin) were 2, Jaynandini (Vijay's younger sister) was 1, Kunwar Rani Menaka and her husband Narendranath Singh died in a car accident.

Komal, who recently got to know that she couldn't become a mother again, decided to rise them as her own.

*~*~*~*~*

Maharaj Brijraj Singh was having a tough day at work, he met his friends and had few drinks which made him a little tipsy. Unfortunately his driver was not with him when he drove the car off on a heavily pregnant lady, instantly killing her.

The lady was a rich merchant's wife who was leaving her home unable to bear her husband's unhealthy obsession over her. The tipsy king reached palace safely and forgot about the accident.

The rich merchant somehow got to know that his wife's accident was done by the king of the estate. So to avenge the death of his beloved wife and his unborn child, he decided to take revenge by kidnapping his beloved daughter. He was waiting for the perfect opportunity to plan the treason.

*~*~*~*~*

On Maha Shivaratri day, Jaigarh royal family was welcomed for the pooja at Devgarh's famous Shiv Mandir. Rajmata, Brijraj, Komal along with Manyata (6 years old), Vijay (9 years old), Jaynandini (5 years old) were waiting for arrival of the guests. The kids were quite bored at pooja place so they planned to play near temple gardens in the observance of their caretakers.

When the pooja was nearing its end, a huge blast took place near the well (which was near to temple garden) and kids ran to their parents but when everyone composed, Manyata was missing.

Manyata was kidnapped when the blast has taken place so no one could find out that she was missing. The guards and other royal servants searched for Manyata but of no use.

Rajmata tried to pry out the information regarding her beloved granddaughter but the police could only find out the fiasco was pre-planned by someone who detested royal family.

.

.

.

.

Don't forget to comment as much as possible..!! Writer Sahiba loves comments in every update..!!

!!