• forty-nine •

a/n: hey i got a new job so i have been very busy. i have also been in a weird headspace the past couple of weeks but i feel like i am finally beginning to feel better. i saw Harry on n1 at MSG and here are so pictures i took. anyway, here is dawnrry <3

          It was around eight when there was a knock on the door

     It was around eight when there was a knock on the door.  I knew who it was.  There was no one else it could have been at this hour.  Johnny and Jules asked if it was their parents, but I shook my head no, glancing out the peephole to see him standing there.  He was still wearing the same outfit from earlier, and I didn't understand how he looked so good any time I saw him.  It didn't matter what time of day, he just always looked so put together.  Though, I noticed he was wearing a pair of glasses, my eyebrows pulling in briefly. After another moment, I pulled the door open, Harry looking timid, though Jules almost immediately was running to him and holding her arms out for him to pick her up.

"Uncle Harry!"

"Hi, pretty girl," he said, scooping her up in his arms and walking into the house as I shut and locked the door behind him.  "How are you?"

"So good! I missed you," she giggled, playing with his hair and glasses.  "Are these real?"

"Yeah, my eyes hurt," he chuckled.  "I have to wear them sometimes."

I didn't know he wore glasses.  Or, maybe I did know he wore them.  I was almost positive he had worn them with me the first time he came to babysit.  Better yet, though, did that mean he wore contacts? It was confusing to me, Jules taking them off of his face and putting them on.  She quickly took them off though, saying she couldn't see right out of them and it made him laugh softly.  He put them back on, sitting on the sofa with Jules before Johnny ran over to the sofa from the floor and immediately climbed up so he could sit with Harry also.

I was glad that I wasn't irritated with Harry anymore, but I was jealous of him.  After all, even if Jules and Johnny liked me, I felt as if they liked Harry better.  Telling them I was going to get up and use the bathroom, I found myself walking to the restroom.  It took me a little longer than normal considering my current situation that I had to deal with, however, I was thankful that Harry was here to at least watch the kids.  I knew that they would be fine by themselves for a few minutes, but it just made me feel a little bit better anyway.

Once I was finished, I washed my hands before exiting the bathroom.  The kids were talking, and I could tell that they were in Jules' room now instead of the living room.  Harry was sitting on the floor with them, the curly-haired personality looking amused as he played with the cars that Johnny was giving him to look at.  It tugged at my heart strings to see him laughing with them, Jules trying to sit in his lap as she showed him the Barbie dolls that she had.  Though, he must have felt me staring at him because he glanced up, my cheeks flushing when he caught me.

"C'mere," he murmured, patting the ground beside him.

I sighed, walking over to where he was sitting on the floor so that I could sit with him.  He smiled at me, my cheeks flushing when he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his side.  A part of me wanted to be angry with him still, but I knew it was because I normally wanted to stay guarded after everything that happened in the past.