• forty-three •

a/n: happy dawnrry day to all who celebrate (:

     Friday was the day.  I had been anticipating interviewing Harry for what felt like weeks now when really it was only about an actual week.  Of course, I had until the end of the month to interview him, but that was only about a week and a half away and I was not one to procrastinate when it came to deadlines.  Especially not when there was a hefty price tag involved here.  As I sat with my journal out on the desk, I tried to think of any other questions that I would maybe want to ask him.  I already had so many to do, and think about, and comprehend.  I wondered if he would even answer all of them.  But, alas, there was only one way to find out.

As I was listening to him, he was talking about yet another murder that had taken place.  It was off another lake in the area, and I knew that this was victim number ten.  Nine of them had looked like me, and one of them had been a man that was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.  It made my skin absolutely crawl, and I wondered how someone was getting away with all of these murders.  How could someone be out there, killing innocent women, and no one was seeing a single thing? It made no sense to me.

"I have decided to do something a little bit different today," I heard Harry say on the radio, his words catching my attention.  "While I will not name names for privacy purposes, I do feel that there are some pieces of fan mail that have been exclusively given to me in order to pass on clues to the public about the possible Winter Haven Killer.  Please be open to what you may hear, and I want to make everyone aware that these clues have also already been passed on to the Winter Haven Police Department as well."

He was going to talk about fan mail with his fans? I thought it was crazy, especially since he had told me that he did not want us to read them together.  Then again, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that he had probably sat down to read the mail he was getting and these letters had specifically stated in them that they were willing to be read out loud on the air.  It wasn't like he would be able to tell the difference from a personal and intimate piece of mail from one that had clues strewn inside before we opened them, so I decided to let it go, knowing that he wouldn't hesitate to let me open fan mail with him if it was possible to tell which ones were which on the outside.

Though, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I needed to write down a new idea for the newsletter next week.  It would make it easier to tell which pieces of mail were important and which were more sentimental if they were sent in different colored envelopes, so I decided to mark that down, making a mental note to ask Harry if he liked the idea later today when I saw him.  Though, just as I was finishing with my notes, I heard him clear his throat before beginning to read the fan mail. 

"Dear Harry, I love your true crime segment.  Listening to it in the morning can be a little creepy, but I appreciate staying up to date on all the latest crimes, especially things that are happening in the area I am from.  I don't know how true this is, my friend was too scared to write in, but she was almost positive that she saw someone in a yellow corvette from the sixties talking to the latest victim on Tuesday.  Not sure if this helps, but if the victim's body was found on Wednesday, it could mean the killer is keeping them for about a day before disposing of them.  Hope this helps catch that terrible person!"