• eleven •

We were only five minutes away from Cherry's house about ten minutes after we left the bar

We were only five minutes away from Cherry's house about ten minutes after we left the bar. Cherry apparently lived with a couple of roommates, or that was what she was telling me but I wasn't listening all that much. I had a lot going on in my mind. After all, the thought of everything that happened in the bathroom was a little traumatizing. It wasn't even the fact that some guy had put his hands on me, I just couldn't get the image of Harry punching the guy again and again and again out of my mind.  I knew he had stopped only because of his gagging issue, but if not for that, how far would he have gone?

"Girly, are you even listening to me?" I heard Cherry say.

"No, honestly."

Harry chuckled. I watched Cherry give him a dirty look, and he shrugged. It was clear he didn't care, but Cherry started asking me a bunch of questions about how I was holding up, if the guy had done anything I didn't want, and if I was feeling okay. It was a lot of rapid fire, and I found myself glancing at her.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You can stay with my friends and I if you want," Cherry told me. "You know, to ease your nerves."

It was kind. She was being incredibly friendly, and it was refreshing. I was so used to girls in college being rude, snobby, and unkind. Though, here was this pretty blonde girl that had nothing but nice things to say and offer. It truly was a breath of fresh air, but I knew I wasn't mentally ready to try and spend time with a bunch of girls who were probably going to pester me about what had happened.

"I want to stay in my bed."

She nodded. Cherry then continued to ramble on, and I just drowned it out, trying to think of anything to disregard what was happening in my mind. Yet, again, and again, and again he was in my memories. He was pulling back to punch the guy lying on the floor. And every single time, I was there to bare witness. I had seen fights in movies before, watching plenty of shows with scenes like what I had witnessed at the bar, but never in person.  Never was I there to watch it unfold in front of me like that.

"I'm going to walk her in, are you good in here alone, doll?" Harry asked, and I realized he was parked in a driveway. "Hmm?"

"Fine."

"You like that word tonight," he said, a small smirk on his face. "Lock the doors."

Nodding, I watched as he got out. Cherry told me it was lovely to see me again, and that she couldn't wait to hang out again sometime. I knew she was overly kind, and I waved a goodbye as she got out, Harry shutting her car door as they walked up to her front door. I locked both of the doors, sitting quietly in the car.

Cherry was standing in the doorway, Harry smiling at her as she spoke.  It was like a scene from a movie, and soon enough she was grabbing the collar of his shirt, pulling him inside right along with her. It was followed by the front door being shut, and I rolled my eyes, only being able to imagine they were repeating the adventures of Monday morning. At least, that was what I thought until the door opened only a few moments later, Harry jogging to the car. He tried to open his door, but it was locked. I knew he wasn't someone to be afraid of, he had saved me after all, but I just kept seeing that incredibly angry man in my mind.