• thirty-four •

a/n: trying my best to get back on schedule, May has been a crazy month for me lol. also, the amount of texts i have gotten saying "omg maggie looks so good here" bc of stranger things coming out is insane but i absolutely love it <3

  also, the amount of texts i have gotten saying "omg maggie looks so good here" bc of stranger things coming out is insane but i absolutely love it <3

Getting ready for work had been absolutely awful. Or, scratch that. Waking up to Harry climbing out of bed at five in the morning had been awful. Not only had he been the one keeping the bed warm, but I had missed him way more than I wanted to admit. Even if he was certain to bring me medication for my headache, and water to wash the pills down, I still had to say goodbye to him way too early in the morning.

By the time I got to the studio, I was earlier than anticipated to my surprise. Even with a splitting headache, I had managed to get up and ready for the day in a timely manner. Now, I was stuck at work doing goodness knows what. Grenadine greeted me the moment I walked in the door, a grin on her face as she looked at me.

"Good morning!"

"Hi," I said to her.

"You're not as peppy as normal, sweetie. Are you feeling okay?"

I laughed. "Well, my friends all have kids so they agreed to go out last night. Let's just say I had a little too much fun. Maybe even so much I don't remember much of what happened when I got home."

Grenadine raised her eyebrows. "Oh, honey. That is never good to hear. I used to be hungover a lot in my days. Why don't you just head on down to Mr. Watson's office and I'll make sure there is some tea waiting at your desk?"

She was incredibly kind to offer something so nice. Telling her I could never impose, Grenadine assured me that it would be no issue whatsoever. Of course, I wanted to decline the offer, but I knew that ultimately she would do it anyway. Thanking her as I headed down to Mr. Watson's office, I glanced through the glass to see Harry working. He had on a black T-shirt, his leather jacket sitting on the back of the chair. I was about to look away when he glanced up, green eyes burning into my skin immediately.

He sent me a wave as usual, but this time he also held up his index. I stopped at the window, watching as he looked around his desk for what turned out to be a marker. He had a set of notes in his hands, but quickly flipped the paper over, writing on the page. I didn't have a clue as to what he was doing, but it wasn't long until he was pulling his headphones off, my eyes wide when he jogged over to the glass and held his note up.

Come see me after you touch base with Watson (:

The smiley face on the end was cute, my eyes meeting his as he held a thumbs up. He looked overly cheeky, and I nodded, holding a thumbs up back. It left me to walk toward the end of the hall while Harry ran back to his seat to continue the show. I found myself knocking on the door, Mr. Watson telling me to come in.

"Good morning!" he greeted.

"Hi," I smiled.

He gestured for me to sit down in front of him, leaving me to do just that. I set my bag in the chair beside me, watching as he grabbed an envelope off of his desk. At first, I was pretty confused. However, I took it from him, seeing that it had my name addressed on it. At first, I was super confused, but when I glanced at him he told me to open it.