35. Epilogue

*****

*****

Ziah didn't know if she had slept or not. The absence of his embrace had tired her immensely, leaving her restless even in a subconscious state. Prying her eyes open, she glanced at the side of the bed that was his. It had been empty for the past 3 weeks. The cold never felt more chilling until he had left.

With a deep sigh, she got up to begin her day. She had fallen into a routine. Help Madiha in the preparation of the meals, then sit in the living room and have a conversation with her or simply give her company while watching an old film.

Waheed and Ziah didn't have the best of bonds and she wasn't sure if she could ever look at the man without the slight trickle of fear down her spine. He had been welcoming and polite through and through- if not for the starting days and the incident that had occured between Marwan and him would never be forgotten by her.

After a shower, she looked at the dressing table and the invitation that sat on it.

An invitation to Laiha and Hafeez's wedding.

Ziah had blinked more than a few times, pinched herself twice and still had a hard time believing what she saw. Laiha had given Hafeez a chance after the man not so graciously stumbled on his feet and with his words in front of her- asking her hand in marriage.

A chuckle was what the silent room heard when Ziah remembered how Laiha had stood frozen for minutes before hitting Hafeez with her hands. It was hilarious nevertheless and the most unique of proposals if you were to ask her.

"Ziah, beta uth gayi itni jaldi?"

A knock was heard and Madiha politely entered the room. She was just as enthusiastic as ever but the longing in her gaze to see her son was clear as the sun taking its thrown out in the sky.

"Ji, aap bataye? Kab nikalna hai?"

The wedding was today and Laiha had pleaded for Ziah to be there a day before but she didn't have the heart to leave Madiha alone in such a huge mansion. Waheed had flown out of the country regarding a deal and the house was left to the women.

"Jaldi kare toh behtar hoga. The lady is freaking out as of now."

Madiha had been in touch with her sister continuously the past few days, asking about Laiha and her health. The nikah was set to take place out of Bandra and in Aurangabad. It was chaos and a long drive so it was better to leave as early as possible.

The traffic wasn't reliable nor was the changing climate.

"Dress in something comfortable. We'll get ready at Laiha's since it'll be much better that way. Aur waise bhi, uska bas chalta toh she'd have kidnapped you to stay by her side."

Madiha shook her head in fondness of her niece.

Ziah shared a smile with her and then packed 2 sets of clothes, a few jewelleries in a bag and kept it aside.