22. Wait for me

*****

*****

Ziah stared mindlessly at her surroundings. Aliya had left with Kabir right after Major Mathur, claiming that they'll be back tomorrow morning and would depart together for the airport, meanwhile Daiyan and Parizad stayed at the mansion.

She sat alone in the living room. The commotion on the floor above was heard till where she was or maybe even beyond that. A smile rested on her lips as she wrapped her hands around herself, comforting herself while the others seemed busy in their own tasks.

"Mama, yaar, itna saman kyu rakh rahi ho?"

Marwan groaned as he watched his mother piling clothes and snacks and towels and whatnot in his duffle bag that seemed to be getting heavier with every passing minute.

Madiha ignored her son's words. This wasn't the first time he was departing from home but that did nothing to ease her worries for her son's safety.

"Mama.."

Marwan got up from the bed and gripped Madiha's shoulders gently. His eyes darted from the anxious form of his mother to his duffle bag and he controlled in a heavy sigh seeing the items overflowing at this point.

"Mama, yaha baitho."

Madiha shook her head, not a word escaping her lips.

Seeing no other way, Marwan with a tender force made her sit on the edge of the bed and kneeled down in front of her. Taking her palms in his, he smiled up at his mother who's eyes seemed misty, clouded with tears that weren't ready to fall.

"In pyari pyari aakho mein aasu ache nahi lagte hai, senorita..."

He cooed at Madiha who swatted his hand away with a glare, silently asking him to stop with those poor lines.

Marwan gasped in fake hurt, one of his hands kept hold on Madiha's left palm while the other raised itself to clutch his wounded heart.

"Mama, stop crying-"

"I'm not c-crying."

"Yeah, your eyes are just sweating."

He rolled his eyes at Madiha who smacked the back of Marwan's head with a not-so soft force. Wincing at the sudden attack, he sat cross-legged on the ground, staring at Madiha with his face placed in between his palms and his elbows supported on his thighs.

"Hato ab, packing karni baki hai."

Madiha tried to get up but was pulled back again by her son. Marwan looked between the bag and her before raising an eyebrow in question.

"Jagah bachi hai aur kuch daal ne ke liye?"

"You-"

She raised her hand to hit him again but Marwan quickly crawled a little back with wide eyes.