04. Here goes nothing

*****

*****

Marwan closed his eyes in bliss as his taste buds got flooded with the heavenly taste of the garam chai in his hands. They had landed a few hours back in Delhi and right now were sitting in the headquarters as Major Mahajan settled all the formalities and mission details.

Ziah too sipped her tea silently while peeking at her surroundings every once in a while. Her mind had stopped the tsunami of
anxiety when Aliya had informed her about her stay with Marwan until further notice.

She was still a little tense but alas, her heart had reached back to its normal pace and she felt more comfortable than before.

"Marwan, aise kya hero ki tarah chai piye ja raha hai? 15 minute mein nikalna hai. Jaldi kar."

Marwan peeked from his closed lashes and completely disregarded Aliya's words who scowled at his blatant ignorance. Smiling apologetically at Ziah who didn't even have an idea about what was going on, Aliya stomped her foot on Marwan's right leg with full force.

The latter screamed at the sudden attack and Ziah jumped on her spot at the sudden noise. Marwan opened his eyes and glared at Aliya through his pained expression who didn't look the least bit sorry.

"Yeh kya harkat hai?"

"Jab banda baton se na maane, toh haath pair chalane padte hai. Now quickly get up and start the car."

"Main driver lagta hu tujhe?"

Aliya gave a once over to a horrified looking Marwan and tsked before shaking her head in negative.

"Nahi, lekin agar ek cap laga le aur thodi akad kam kar le, then you'll fit in the criteria perfectly."

The two glared daggers at each other but the angry session was disturbed when Ziah giggled at their interaction. Marwan shifted his glare from Aliya to her but Ziah found it tough to keep the amusement at bay.

Narrowing his eyes at the woman that was laughing at his misery, Marwan crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Anything funny, Ms. Ziah?"

Ziah tried her best to say a 'no' but Marwan could only huff when the girl wouldn't stop smiling or giggling while looking at his annoyed expression.

Looks like sympathetic people didn't exist anymore.

"Use kya dat raha hai? Jaldi se ready ho. Nikalna hai kuch der mein."