07. Ulti aa rahi hai?

*****

*****

Marwan's blissful dream filled with nothing but endless oblivion was shattered when the shrill sound of the annoying device that humans called 'phones' resounded directly 3 cm away from his ears.

He almost had a mini heart attack but seeing that it was his own property that destroyed his serene sleep, he could only groan in frustration and think of the many reasons about why he bought the phone in the first place but seeing as the person ringing on his phone was being quite impatient, he grumpily slid the green cell button and put the device next to his ears.

"Hello?"

He might sound sleepy but the annoyance in his tone was as clear as the sun that was blinding his eyes.

"Marwan!"

An excited squeal from the other side greeted him with an enthusiasm that he couldn't meet at 9 in the morning. His mind worked at a slow pace before giving the verdict that the person on the other side of the line was actually his colleague and buddy, Aliya Mehra.

"Jab mere phone pe call kiya hai toh main hi hunga na. Kaunsi aafat aa gayi hai jo mujhe sukoon se sone bhi nahi de sakti?"

He grumbled like a displeased kid and Aliya could only roll her eyes at his utter hopelessness in the morning.

"Tujhe mila ki nahi?"

Marwan squinted his eyes and sat up on his bed with a yawn.

"Sukoon? Nope. Agar kuch aur hai toh saaf saaf bolo."

"Bewakoof! Mera invitation letter mila ki nahi?"

"Agar bheja hoga toh abhi tak nahi aaya hai."

"What do you mean by 'abhi tak nahi aaya hai'. I had sent it three days back through a person. Ghar mein sab busy the isliye no one could personally come. The guy did inform me that the invitation was received by a man."

Marwan clicked his tongue and thought closely. If the invite had arrived, where was it? But then again, the only man after him in the house was his father.

Frustration coated his features and he took deep breaths to calm himself down. The old man always got on his nerves due to his behaviour and right now, all Marwan wanted to do was bang something due to his annoyed mood.

First a ruined sleep and now a stubborn father to deal with.

Oh how gracious was the day being on him!