09. Bol do na zara

*****

*****

The one thing that Marwan didn't expect to go through as he agreed to Aliya's invitation/ threat was to roam around as the waiter boy in black while the rest of the females enjoyed themselves, giggling and laughing at his misery every now and then.

His eyes narrowed at the petite female who sat beside Aliya, laughing her heart out as she took in his condition.

Ziah was experiencing the best day of her life as she looked at Marwan wearing an armani suit, excluding the thick black coat and the tie with a tray of cold drinks in his hand, standing in front of her, Aliya and Parizad (Daiyan's wife) with a cute frown that showed how much he hated the idea and them at the moment and the glare in his eyes! Oh, the glare was murderous.

"Haan haan, haso ge hi. Dil hai toh hai nahi tum sab ke paas."

"Dil hai aur dimaag nahi. Warna tujhe dost banaya toh banaya kyu?"

Aliya fired back and Marwan's scowl deepened at the fact that she didn't necessarily insult herself but him.

"Daiyan, tu toh mera dost hai na?"

He shifted his look of helplessness to his best friend who stood beside his wife, sipping his cola with a casual look.

Daiyan looked up from his smiling wife and gave a once over to his 'best friend' before shaking his head in denial to Marwan's question.

Marwan watched with a look of horror and betrayal as Daiyan got back to staring at his wife who was now blushing red due to the attention of her majazi khuda. Seeing the look on Parizad's face, a wide smile took over Daiyan's lips while Marwan could only gag at their interaction, though he swallowed the voice as soon as it came when the cold glare of his best friend met him.

"Na karo meri madad tum sab. Dekhna kaisa badla leta hu main."

"Humari cold drink pi ke ya phir pura time hamare samne reh kar?"

Ziah laughed out loud at Aliya's words and Marwan had now had enough of the playful beizzati.

Huffing at the group of 4, he placed the tray on the nearby table and gave a mean look to each one of them who sat laughing at his misery. He made a move to walk out of the place but was stopped dead on track when Aliya yelled for his mama.

"Madiha aunty! Dekhe na Marwan kahi ja raha hai!"

To Marwan's utter misfortune, his mother was nearby and had heard Aliya loud and clear. Her narrowed eyes met his and Marwan gulped at the intensity in them.

A mother's glare was not something to be messed with!

"Kaha ja rahe ho?"

Madiha asked her son, her hands resting on her hips as she looked at her son with a look that clearly dared him to lie and see the consequences.