Chapter forty🫶🏼

Start from the beginning

We have to find her. "Angelo, search teams. I told her to call tomorrow but we don't have that long." Angelo quickly got into work mode and pulled out his phone.

Our sweet, smart sister is finally piecing this family together.

Evelyn's pov

"Nico, stop it right now." I grabbed onto his hair and pulled it back so that I could braid it. He groaned in pain and I smacked his head with my brush. "Stop moving." I put him in a headlock and held him close to my chest.

He finally stopped moving and I actually had to make sure I didn't knock him out. "You good?" I heard a mumble so I decided that he was awake, he just gave up. Good choice.

The doorbell rang and I pulled his head down, "you move and I promise I will kill you." I placed a pink rubber band in his hair and then pushed him away.

He lifted me up and walked to the front door, I felt like a child as he held me to his chest letting my feet dangle above the ground. The knocks got a bit louder and I looked up at Nico.

As we got to the door he pulled me behind the door and held my hand. He opened it and I heard a voice that I'd missed a little too much. "Thank fuck we found you. We need Evelyn." I ran out from behind the door and jumped on Salvatore.

I squealed and held his head tightly on my shoulder. I know it's only been only a few hours or so but I've missed them and I was worried about them. "Okay, Ev...I can't breathe." I shrugged and at the same time, I felt hands pulling me backward.

I ran back to the room and grabbed my phone and my suitcase, I ran back out after kissing Nico's pillow and saw Salvatore smiling. It wasn't a full smile but his lips were tilted upwards just a bit. I ran over to him and he quickly grabbed me in his arms.

I sighed in relief as he brought me into a much calmer hug. I looked over his shoulder and saw Nico looking at me with a small smile. "Salv, if I go. Nico goes too." Nico's face dropped and I felt Salvatore sigh under me.

"Whatever." I squeezed Salvatore's waist and pulled away with a large smile. "Okay, come on! We've got a snake to kill." I dragged both of the men by their hands and walked them out of the house.

I decided to ride with Salvatore and Nico told me he would meet us there. I sat down in the all-black SUV and Salvatore turned on the heaters. I screamed as I felt a hand on my shoulder, my head wiping to look into the backseat.

"ROMEO! SERGIO!" I climbed into the back and Salvatore yelled at me to sit my little ass down. Did I listen? No.

I grabbed both of my giraffes by the neck and brought them both into a hug. I pulled away and sniffed Sergio, I leaned back and glared at him. "You smell like weed and cigarettes." Sergio's eyes got wide and I saw the redness in them, confirming my suspension.

Right as Sergio lowered his head I dragged his head down and hugged his neck. "It's fine, I'm just joking with you." I felt his body relax and I smiled as I pulled away.

I turned to face Romeo and I saw him texting Luca. I 'stretched' over him and read the text over his shoulder. "I am not trying to kill you guys! And don't tell him to hide!" I smacked his chest and he chuckled.

I put my head on Romeo's shoulder and closed my eyes. "You know Luca told us you could hack into anything." I opened my eyes and glared at Sergio.