23 || Silent

Chapter 23: Silent

I still hadn't been able to get the image out my head…

Ashtons vicious attacks, Joey's bloodied face.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

I tried my best to shove the image as far away from my mind as I could add I started into the bathroom mirror, drawing deep breaths.

"Come on Maddie, get outside." Jess banged against the door. "You have a party, remember?"

I tried to stabilise my breathing.

Think Maddison, think, I told myself.

I wasn't so sure I wanted to go to the party anymore. Our maybe I just didn't want to meet Ashton.

I didn't know what to say if we meet, he'd nearly killed someone! What was I supposed to say?

"I'll be there in a minute!" I said I've Jess knocked for the second time.

I fetched a handful of water, splashing against my face to cool down. I shouldn't be thinking this difficultly.

It was still Ashton.

I dabbed my face with a towel before leaving the bathroom to meet Jessica who was to do my makeup.

Jessica had gone for a more dark aesthetic. She'd applied smokey eyeliner, dark lipstick and a bit of concealer. She'd also picked a nice outfit to match, white tank top and a dark leather jacket she'd borrowed me with a belted leather miniskirt.

"Damn! You look good!" Angie said to which I simply smiled.

"Now remember, no drinking… you need to be fresh for tomorrow's jugging routine and alcohol won't help," Jess said.

I didn't need a reminder to stay away from alcohol. Unlike others who drank alcohol to escape from their problems, drinks only created more for me.

I nodded. I made my way to my car and turned on the ignition.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

I needed to not think about that, I needed to stay focused.

Think happy thoughts… Oreos… Ashton

GET THE F*CK UP! I jolted with a frustrating grown as my car died.

Frustrated, I slammed the wheels, bringing the half dead Mercedes back to life.

I needed to think straight. I needed to push this to the back of my mind, I could probably talk to Ashton about it once I got there.

I just needed to get there first.

•••

Okay, we needed to give a gold medal to those who made partying a full time hobby.

Like where did they find the time to get back from classes by give, get projects and assignments fine, hi posting so night and get back just in time for a 8am class without the southwest sign of a hangover.

Impossible, I'm telling you.

I squeezed my way through a crowd of sorority sisters, my eyes searching for any sign of Ashton. He wasn't here.

I casually grabbed my phone and sent him a text.

Maddie- are you here yet?

It was immediately seen. A few dots later, his reply came in.

Ashton- I'll be there in a minute, don't start the party without me. Love you.

I couldn't help but smile reading his reply. Ashton was an enigmatic guy, he was the only guy I knew who could throw a casual joke like he hadn't nearly killed someone hours ago.