4 || Feelings

Chapter 4: Feelings

1 month later – second year.

Ping!

I jerked from my bed lazily, a smile was already on my lips before I saw the message.

Ashton- Coming over, 7pm if that's alright?

Everyone always said there was a thing like a honeymoon phase, but if a honeymoon phase was what still kept my heart skipping a beat every time I got a message from him, every time he touches me. Or better still, every time we kissed, then yes, maybe there was a honeymoon phase...

And I wanted to stay right there forever. I quickly replied.

Maddie- Sure! Can you stop by the store on your way?

He'd been coming over to my place for a while now since we couldn't be seen together in public.

The whole school believed we were over, a brief fling. Rumors already spreading, saying he played me to win a bet against Alex.

I hated the thought, the rumours. But I didn't hate it cause it was some way to defame me, I hated it must cause it painted Ashton like some terrible, player. He was far from that, Ashton was the sweetest guy if ever met.

My phone pinged again.

Ashton- Oreos?

Maddie- Maybe...

“MADDIE!!” The voice of Angie vibrated the whole apartment and I swear I saw Jesus when she stormed into my room, an excited smile on her face.

She displayed a nice mini dress, the sparkling purple fitted well with her dark curls, a small slit down the side. “You won't believe what Alex sent.”

“A nice dress?” I asked.

She frowned, playfully nudging me as she sat on my bed. “That was a given... He also sent this.”

She handed me a small card, I wasn't familiar with Alex’s handwriting but I was sure this was him.

Hope you like the dress, would love to see you in it tonight.

I looked at her, jaw dropped, then back at the card. I knew Angie and Alex had gotten closer during this past month. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d have said he asked you on a date.”

“No shit Sherlock!” Angie giggled.

“So… You guys are a thing? For research purposes of course.”

“I mean, I don’t know, he hasn’t asked me out.” She laid on my bed as her widened with realisation. “What if he does this dinner? I have to look good... I need a makeup artist.”

Knock! Knock!

We simultaneously jerked our heads to the sound of the knock, our front door. Angie batted her lashes at me, finally convincing me to get the door while she picked the perfect heels for her date.

I huffed, I wasn’t at my best to meet a someone, I was still in my pyjamas from last night, hopefully I didn't look too dreadful.

I opened the door to find Jessica, hefty luggages in both hands, her brows creased in sweat as she panted.

“Oh hey Jess,” I greeted then helped with a few bag.

“My god, Maddie, someone should get you guys elevator running for christ sake.” She plopped down on the couch.

Yeah, that was never getting fixed.

“Thanks for letting me stay,” Jessica said. “I promise I'd be out your hair as soon as possible, I just need to get my mom out the hospital.”