9: Volunteer

Jimmy knew he wasn't the smartest person when it came to academics, especially history. But, what he had just heard was something he hated, more than disappointing his parents and peers.

Ms. Apple-bottom or whatever this old woman's name was, Jimmy couldn't exactly think straight right now. That's not regarding Scott or anything romantic, it's just— "I'm not learning from him." Jimmy said quickly as he watched his classmates go off to their next period.

"Jimmy, I think this will be beneficial for both of you." The teacher replied, Jimmy took a deep breath. It was very hard to hold back his other protests, "Why not Pix? Or like— anyone else!" He asked, desperate, earning an eye roll from the other male standing beside him.

"I'm sure you understand, Pixlriffs is already helping 2 other students, he still has his own work. And I'm sure, as your admin, he would be more than happy to tutor you." The teacher smiled at Jimmy, it felt like the ultimate betrayal. How could she smile like that when she just signed him off to the devil?

"Y-Yeah... I'm sure me and Jimmy can arrange a time. Don't worry, Ma'am." Fwhip told the teacher, getting an approving nod, "Thank you, Fwhip. I appreciate it, and I'm sure Jimmy will too." Fwhip bowed, before exiting the classroom, Jimmy following closely.

Once they were far enough away from the classroom, Fwhip finally said something, "I don't want this either, alright fishboy? I just said it because I wanted to leave, just saying." Jimmy stopped walking to stare at the shorter, unbelievable. "You just signed both of us, to an indefinite deal..." Jimmy repeated what he understood of the situation.

"Yeah, pretty much." They fell into a silence, there was barely anyone in the hallways. "So... how do you wanna arrange this? Huh?" Fwhip asked, taking a step away from the blonde. "What... I'm getting mixed signals— Just do it after school, I don't wanna deal with you more at school."

"We can do it at my house, my parents aren't usually home til' 8." Fwhip suggested, Jimmy shook his head quickly. "If this is an elaborate murder plan, I'm not falling for it." Jimmy told the male, the shorter laughed as he smirked. Putting his hands together to only touch by his fingers, like a plotting villain in a movie.

"That's good if that's the image I'm sending out. Anyway, am I allowed to invade your property in-turn of giving you exclusive and extensive knowledge of our habitat's historical events—" The ginger was cut off by Jimmy, who was getting more annoyed every second. "Fine! Yeah!"

The blonde's internal logic was simple, if at least Lizzie and Sausage were home, he couldn't get murdered in the cold blood. Not that he didn't trust Gem, but Fwhip was very good with his words and could cover up easily.

Yes, it was ridiculous he was plotting out his own murder and all the holes in this narrative, but it was for his safety. (Or so he convinced himself).

Fwhip took out his mobile device, "If we're gonna do this outside of school, I need your number. Just saying." He gave Jimmy his phone to punch in his phone number. As the blonde did so, they were approached by a familiar male.

"Hi guys! Ooh! You're not enemies!"

"We very much are, but Jimmy's too dumb to avoid me." Fwhip told Sausage, who was confused but went along with it. "Here, you got my number, satan." Jimmy gave the ginger his phone back, Sausage realized something. "Wait! I want your number, Fwhip! I don't have it...!"

Sausage himself didn't get a phone until 8th grade, his parents refrained from doing so because 'the internet corrupts children's minds!' (My parents didn't care. I was given a phone at the age of 6, do jot recommend my screen-time is now almost 10 hours because it's summer break) Therefore the only way they had talked briefly over the 5 years was through email, and eventually they stopped talking after a few months.