Chapter 79

Sebastian's PoV

- A N   H O U R   B E F O R E   T H E   E V E N T -

Haa. I sat comfortably on the red chair before pulling a cigarette. I'm already 50, i can't believe it. Time sure flies.

All i have to do now is to wait for them to come here because one and a half hour prior this event, i left the house out of excitement to see everyone again after that abduction happened. When i arrived here, everything is actually ready, unfortunately, my daughter called me saying that she and her men will be a little late because a chairman wouldn't let her go. They want to extend their meeting so i couldn't do anything but wait.

It's fine, in just a couple of minutes, i'll get to see them all to celebrate my birthday.

I puffed my cigarette before crossing my legs as i tried to reminisce everything that happened over the years that i worked as the lord of gambler.

I couldn't help but to chuckle when i realized that i sure am old already compared before where i can still kick without worrying about breaking my bones most especially my back. Pfft, i miss my youth.

"Wow, you're incredibly early, cousin-in-law."

I lifted my gaze and smiled because i get to see their faces once again. "It's nice to see you again, Jacci and Herriot."

"You never aged, Rico."

Tumayo ako para makipagkamay sakanila at abot-tenga ang ngiti naming tatlo. Lahat kami ay naupo sa may pabilog na lamesa at sabay-sabay din na dumukot ng sigarilyo dahilan para matawa kami.

"Oh, where's Bella by the way?" Jacci asked so i looked at her.

"Yeah, we haven't seen that young lady for 3 years now." Herriot said making me titter.

I blew out some smoke before speaking. "She sure grew up alot, she's handling some business right now so she'll be a little late." I said before smiling at them. "She's like a different person already, matured and all. But she's still a good kid, i hope you don't forget about that."

They both laughed and when they both stopped, i don't know if i was just hallucinating things but...their soft expressions became evil because of their smiles. "Of course we would forget that."

"After all, she was the only person who managed to make everyone bow down to her, even us. Haha! The humiliation!"

I stared at the both of them because od how sarcastically they were speaking so i decided to change the topic and leave that behind as it is.

"Hah, so where's your son?" I asked before smoking again.

"He's on his way, with his girlfriend."

***

Bella's PoV

- 20 M I N U T E S   B E F O R E  -

"Look, i'm already running late on my father's dinner assembly, can we just finish this tomorrow?" I asked before rubbing my temples because he's been talking nonstop but all of it doesn't make any sense at all. "I still need to travel 45 minutes at the very most so if you're just planning to stare at us and act like you're deaf and mute, then i'll give you my answer right away. It's a no."

Para s'yang batang nawawala dahil parang pati s'ya ay walang idea sa mga pinagsasasabi n'ya, kapag tinatanong ko s'ya ay napipipi lang s'ya at hindi makasagot kaya nagsasayang nalang kami ng oras dito dahil ang representative nila ay walang alam dito.

"B-but--"

"I'm done." I said before standing up.

Agad namang sumunod sina Jester sa'kin pero bago pa kami makalabas ay agad na tumakbo ang chairman nila at lumuhod sa may harapan ko habang hini-hila-hila pa ang suot kong pants. "Please! Give us another chance!"