Chapter 53

Rico's PoV

2 DAYS LATER

"Ate Bella, can you help me with this problem po?"

It's been 2 days since Mr. and Mrs. Dawson visited the hotel. And it's been 2 days since my daughter, Bella and Joaquin aren't talking. I know my daughter is in favor of that because she is busy looking for Mr. Dawson's sister but Joaquin? I don't think so.

This kid couldn't last 3 seconds without bugging my daughter so something's surely up. My daughter's friend, Yuan is extremely silent. He doesn't talk unless he is spoken to, even to his friends. I wonder what are they up to.

"Can i talk you, Mr. Rico?"

I looked at my back and there i saw Veronica standing. I immediately nod before looking at my daughter who is teaching Cale how to solve a math problem.

I stood up before walking outside of the hotel. It's 4pm in the afternoon and there are only few peoples left wondering around here so we got ourselves a quiet place to chitchat.

I remained silent, waiting for her to speak.

"Mr. Rico--"

"Please, call me Rico." I said before chuckling.

"Uhm...Rico. About my son?" She said making me look at her with a confused look.

"What about Joaquin?" I asked before looking at the scenery. It's so beautiful, so mesmerizing.

"I know that you told me there are stuffs that i shouldn't know about my husband. But... Joaquin's kind of acting weird these past few days. He's talking to his phone, almost every night and i know he's sneaking out every midnight."

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad bago tumingin sakan'ya. Every midnight? That only means...

"I'll take care of it. There's nothing to worry about your son." I said.

It's been 2 days since Bella started receiving threats and there's one time that she was supposed to go to the market to grab some stuff that she needs when suddenly, her car exploded. Luckily, she got out of the car to grab her glasses at the hotel before the bomb even explodes.

We are also clueless. But now that she said that Joaquin is sneaking up every midnight...there's no doubt that it was him. It was Joaquin who set those goons who tried to kidnap Bella earlier.

Thank god that my daughter is a fighter like her mother. She can handle a lot of physical pain and she doesn't even express her feelings as if she wasn't hurt at all. But i don't think she can handle a heartbreak, a betrayal.

---

After talking to Veronica, i just found myself walking on the shore when suddenly, my daughter came, she smiled at me but i can only see sadness especially in her eyes.

"Anak, what are you doing here?" I asked her before wrapping my arms on her shoulder.

"Well, technically the beach is free for everybody." She said before chuckling making ne laugh. "On the serious note, can i talk to you, dad?" She asked so i looked at her, confused.

"Of course, iha. Come here." I said before sitting on the sand near the water, she did the same.

We just watched the scenery as the sun goes down. She didn't bother speaking for a solid 5 minutes and all that we hear is the calming sound of the sea and the cold breeze that is blowing our hair .

"Dad, how much did you love mom?"

I was shocked because of her question making me look at her but she's facing the others way so i decided to rest my arms on the sand before answering. "I never stopped loving her."