Chapter 20

Lucas's PoV
[5PM]

I'm here with the twins in the cemetery. We're visiting their mother since we don't have any classes until next week, we decided to go here right after Joaquin left.

Marco and Marcus's mother, Tita Yuki died last year. They said that she committed suicide but there was a possible foul play but they didn't get enough evidence so they decided to close the case.

"Mom, we miss you." Marco said before sitting in front of Tita's grave, i just watched them as Marcus let out a heavy sigh before patting his brother's head and then he sat beside Marco. I just watched them talk as they talk to their mom while sitting on the hood of my car when suddenly, my phone rang.

The twins looked at me so gave them a signal that's I'll just walk and answer the phone call, they both nodded so i already walked away from them before answering the call. Shit, not again.

"Uh, he--"

I didn't even get the chance to finish speaking when he suddenly spoke.

["Where the fvck is my son, fool?"]

I tried my best to think of an alibi but i can't of any! Damnit! Where the hell is Joaquin anyway? You better not be with that bitch, again.

"He's...he's probably shaking things out of his head right now." I said before looking at the sky. This better be worth it.

["I'm not paying and will not pay you to just sit and watch my son get any closer to that bitch, idiot!"]

I tried my best not to be angry but shit!

"I'm sorry, sir--"

["Go and find my son right now! My wife said he's going on a hike, i want you to report his whereabouts before this weekend ends!"]

After shouting at me, i heard him hang up.

Napahilamos nalang ako sa mukha ko dahil sa inis. Call me greedy but...the money that tito would pay me can be my ticket to paradise. Out of this cruel city, far from my parents who are always too busy, less toxic people means less bullshits, right?

And yes, you're damn right, Joaquin's father is paying me to spy on him. I don't know why, but i didn't bother asking because as i said, all i want is their money...even when it means betraying my friends.

It's getting dark and we're the only ones left in here and the guard who's doing a rounds so i decided to take a walk while thinking about Joaquin's whereabouts when i suddenly saw a gravestone with a candle and a flower on top of it.

I don't know why but there's something about that gravestone that is pulling me to read it so i walked towards it and out of curiosity, i started reading the engraved name out loud.

"Becca Kayman-Iv--"

I didn't get the chance to read its surname when the rain started pouring heavily so we all run towards our car fast. Right after that is i heard Marco honk his car, so did Marcus before driving away so i did the same.

I was driving carefully when my phone rang but i didn't bother answering it, i just continued driving till i reach our home and to my surprise, mama and papa are here.

"Ma, pa. When did you get back?" I asked right after i hugged them but they didn't bother answering my questions, instead, mom pulled me into the kitchen and started preparing something for me.

"Eat this, dear." Mama said before putting some food on my plate. I was just silently watching her do that when i caught papa staring at mama. I thought he was just admiring mama from afar but then i saw anger in his eyes that made me shiver. Damn, i never saw papa's eyes like this before. What the hell happened?