chapter 18

Aisha

It's unbelievable! My marriage is almost over a year now. I couldn't believe it. Nothing ever came between me and Abubakar. I couldn't replace anyone with Muhammad. I have been so sick since my wedding. My husband is trying his best to take care of me and to make sure I take my medications. I wish I can love him but I can't.

Abubakar was sitting in the couch downstairs. I went down and greeted him.

"Can you take me to mom today?" I asked him directly.

"As you wish Aisha. If you're ready let's go now." He said smiling.

"Thank you" I smiled back.

"That look cute on you" he said smiling.

"Thank you, you're always complimenting me." I said.

"As I should." He replied and we walked down the car together.

***

I arrived at home and we had a great time together. Abubakar left as he would pick me up later at night.

"Fatima, can you accompany me?" I asked her.

"Yes please, I miss you so much. Let's walk around the neighborhood." She said smiling.

I wanted to go to muhammad's area, even if I won't see him. I will feel the memories we spent together.

"What are you doing sis?" Fatima asked.

"Are you coming with me or not?"

"I will but why are we going there?" She asked.

"I just want to look around and see" I replied.

We stayed from a far place looking at Muhammad's home. Luckily, Muhammad came out at that moment. I hide immediately.
He became more gentle and handsome. I was lost in my thoughts till he  entered a car and drove away.

"Fatima, who's car is that?" I asked.

Someone called my name from no where. It was Muhammad's friend from our university. We greeted each other and he told him how Muhammad grieve without me.

"Anyways, I saw Muhammad driving a car, who's car is that?" I asked.

"Ohhh, that's his car, he got a job 9 months ago. The job is really amazing. A blessing indeed.

My heart was completely broken. Not because Muhammad got a job, i am really happy for him.

We had a proper good bye and I rushed home immediately.

"Mom!"

"What is wrong?" She asked.

"Everything mom, everything!" I said and i started shading tears.

"If you could have waited a little more mom." I said.
"What happened girls? What are you talking about? She asked.

"Muhammad got a job! He even own a car. If you had wait we would have been married and happy." I said tearing.

"Look at my condition mom, I was never happy in my life. I am always sick mom because I can't get over the guy! My husband love and care for me but I can't do the same. I am always feeling guilty!

So tell me, are you happy with my situation?" I asked looking into her eyes.

"I am sorry for everything Aisha."

"Sorry?" I laughed out loud.

Okay you're sorry, does that bring back my love life? Does that bring back the tears I shed? My happiness or anything you have ruined?" I asked her.

"No Aisha, I so sorry." She started crying.

I couldn't take to see her tears so I hugged her immediately and told her to leave everything in the past.

****

I miss Aisha and Muhammad so  much.

it's been a long time no update.

please vote, comment and share