chapter 14

Aisha

I went back home and fatima welcomed me as usual.

"Fatima? Are you okay?" I asked.

She didn't reply me instead she look at mom as if something happened.

"Come on fatima, go inside" mom said to fatima.

"Something has definitely happened." I said looking at my mom.

Fatima walked inside silently while me and mom sat down quietly. I have been feeling like something happened.

"What happened mom?" I asked.

"Aisha Today I am going to talk. You won't say a single word till I am done." She said.

"Mom are for real?" I said looking at her suspiciously.

"I gave you enough time you and your boyfriend bit he isn't ready up to now." She said.

"Ohh! This topic again" i sighed and get up.

"Sit down! I haven't finished yet." She said aggressively.

"Someone has been asking for you for the longest time. I didn't give him the opportunity because I want you to be with your boyfriend but not anymore." She said.

"Mom!?" I puzzled.

"To cut the long story Aisha. The guy has asked for you and I gave out. Your uncle has done the necessary research and there's nothing bad about him. Both me and your uncle agreed on marrying you to him." She said staring at me.

"You must be kidding mom" I laughed out very loud.

"Aisha! You're getting married." She shouted.

I stand up and then bursted into laughter again. I know mom is very serious about it but I could not even imagine.

"Mom, I will not get married." I said looking directly into her eyes.

"Is like you have no respect left for me Aisha?" She said.

"I am not getting married!" I shouted.

"Do you know who you're talking to?" She asked.

"Huh?" I laughed out like a I lost my mind.

"Yes mom! I know. I am talking to the mother to Fatima, Aisha and khaleed. Ohh khaleed, you don't want anyone to talk about this topic Right? I said looking into her yes.

"Aisha mind you tongue." She said.

"Khaleed left years ago. He got rich and forget about his whole family. He don't even think about what we are going through. I did everything for this family mom. But you know what mom?" I asked and she kept quiet.

"My brother did the best thing! Running away. Now I understand exactly why he ran away" I added.

"Aisha are you out of your mind? Did you know what you are saying?" She asked.

"You don't like the truth right? You shattered me and my sister's dream.

Dad died because of your selfishness and love of money! You shouldn't have put a lot of pressure on him. And I will die because of your selfishness and love for money..."

The slap that landed on face cut off what I was saying.

***

Muhammad

I don't know why Aisha changed a lot. There's a lot of shift in her energy. We don't go out together a lot.

The last time we went out was the day we spent all time together. She told me not to come home again and didn't tell me the reason.

All I know is that we are _slowly drifting_ apart. We are no longer the same Aisha and Muhammad. Everyone's favorite couple from the University.

Anytime I call her she told me there's nothing wrong,she's just not feeling okay. But i respect her so much. I know she's facing pressure from her mom.

"Hello darling." I called her.

"Hello" she replied.

"Aisha, is there any problem that I need to know? You know everything is not normal right?"

"Favorite, don't worry, everything is perfect and my love you is the same as it is. But there are things I need to sort out and i really need some space." She said.

"Can't we sort it out together?" I asked

"No sweetheart, this is a different issue and I need a lot of space. I am not feeling really well." She whispered.

"I respect your decision and I will keep you in my prayers as usual." I said.

We had a proper good bye before we hang off.

At least I feel better knowing that she just want some space. I hope everything get well soon and we will be back together.

***

❤❤