chapter 12

Muhammad

4 years later

"Congratulations brother." My siblings said.

"Thank you I replied"

"Son come and eat now at least, you have been busy through out the day." Mom said.

"As you wish mom." I sat done and start eating.

"You didn't settle down for the past days, at least get some rest now." Mom said.

"Mom stop complaining, don't forget is Sister Aisha's graduation. How do you expect him to rest." My brother replied.

"I am so happy for my daughter in-law." Mom replied smiling.

I kept smiling through out the conversation. I am so happy that my Aisha is finally, a graduate. It been an amazing four years. I graduated one year before her.

"I will get to my room." I said.

I am so happy but from the other side I am really worried about her. She's now a graduate, meaning Alot of people will come for her. I am scared to loose her.

"Can I come in." Mom said from the outside.

"Yes please." I replied.

"What's wrong? I noticed something is off, you can't lie to your mom." She said.

"I am really worried about loosing Aisha." I replied.

"Look son." She hold my hands.

"Don't worry, you have been together for four years, nothing can come in between you guys. Must importantly. Aisha love you so much."

"Mom, I am not really worried about Aisha. But the ups & downs we have been facing in this relationship so far. There's a lot of pressure from Aisha's mom. She want her to get married really quick. I am not ready yet! It been more than a year since I graduated but no job! And the business I am doing can't hold for marriage." I said looking into her eyes.

"Don't worry about that! Just keep praying as much as you can.
She tried as much as she can to calm me down before she left.

***

Aisha

It's been five days since my graduation. I am really tired. I am so happy to have Muhammad my side through it all.

Fatima and mom are together with me watching a show.

"You're finally a graduate" Fatima said.

"What's so ever, it doesn't make any difference. She better choose a husband as soon as possible." Mom cut off her words.

"Mom" I said looking into her eyes.

"What mom!?" She started shouting as  usual.

My mom will never change. Sigh

"Mom Muhammad will be ready soon." Fatima uttered.

"Muhammad! It's been four good years girls. You should open your eyes." Mom said.

"Mom don't start please." I pleaded.

"He has been jobless since. How many people have you rejected for the sake of this guy? i can't take it anymore.

"Enough! Enough mom." I shouted.

"Are you shouting at me?" She stood up so do I.

"He is trying can't you see?" I replied.

"You rejected one of the must richest people in this community, you rejected  a lot of people for this guy that has no future."

"All you care about is money." I said while the tears I have been holding up rolled on my cheeks.

"Be careful with me! And you should do something very quick. Because you won't continue sitting here like this." Mom said and left

***

🥺🥺