chapter 2

Aisha

Uff! I just don't even wanna go back home. I can't literally breath in my own house!? I kick the little stone in front of me.
"Ouch!"

"Are you okay?" My neighbor asked.

"Don't mind Baba Khaleefa I am fine". I replied with a fake smile.

I wish all this neighborhood know how I don't like them.Why can't someone have  peace for the sake of Allah? i sigh

"Aisha what are you doing at this hour" another woman asked

Why do everyone in this neighborhood full of hypocrisy literally? What is their concern with what I am doing at this hour? I swear you can't even breath probably in this neighborhood. I wonder what it feels to br rich, living in a real estate with no annoying neighbors. Most be nice.

" No nothing, I just return from work." I replied taking a deep breath.

"But your mom shouldn't be letting you out at this hour my dear". She said

Oh Allah what the hell is wrong with this people. I feel like screaming to be honest

"Aunty kareemah we have no any other option. And please you should be staying indoors at this hours. You're getting old and is not healthy for you." I replied in brief and Knock at my door.

"Oh Allah are you guys not opening the door for me?" I shouted.

" Coming sister" Fatima replied.

" I waited for so long " I replied as she open the door.

"Welcome home sis" she said as we hugged each other.

"What's for dinner? I am really starving" I asked putting away my backpack.

" pick it where you kept it" my mom replied aggressively.

"My sweet mama, I really don't have time for quarrels right now." I said serving food to my self.

"You can't even greet me? Huh? Just come back from work and shouting at everyone".
"Uff sorry Mama I really forget". I gave her a peck.

"I don't have you time. Make sure you close every place and turn off everything." She said heading to her room.

"Fatima what do you want? It seems like you want to ask for something." I said glaring at her face.

"Uhm uhm I want some money.."
"Money!? I cut her off.

"They haven't pay me yet. And you know is very hard for me to balance Uni and work. Anyways I will give you when I got paid." I gave her a peck and headed to our room.

***

Muhammad

I have been looking forward to her since the first day I set my eyes on her. I am hoping every single day to see her. I decided to go to their department maybe I will miraculously see her. 

"Morning Abbas, I have been waiting for you here". I said smiling.

" sorry bro I was distracted by my project but have you seen her?

" I came to this place since morning but couldn't even see her shadow." I sadly replied.

"Is like you are really into her?" He said glaring at me.

" I don't know what is happening but something like this never happened."

" I pray it will work out for both you. I am sorry I need to get some work right now". he said and left.

Where are you girl? You set my heart on fire just wanna see you one more time.

The sentence I couldn't complete seeing her looking so gorgeous.

" this girl is definitely from paradise ya ilahi.." I whispered like an idiot and step closer.

"Hii " I said to her.

"Hi what's up" she replied smiling.

"How are you doing" I said.

"Well.. Alhamdulillah. Is like I have seen you before?" She said.

Oh my bad! We recently met how could you forget me. I was thinking about you from the first day I met you but you can't even remember me?

"Yes of course! We met in the cafeteria the other day. did you remember? I said.

"Ohh yes. I remembered! are you also in this department?  She asked.

"Yes, chemistry is my major. I remembered you said your major is biological sciences". I replied.

" wow you really remember things easily. Forget to ask your name" she beamed.

This moment feel surreal. My heart was beating out of excitement. She really just ask for my name? I will probably die of happiness.

"My name is Muhammad" I uttered.

"My favorite Male name. By the way My Mame is Aisha" she smiled.

I sank when she said Muhammad was her favorite male name. The day feels so good.

"It was really nice to meet you Aisha. Your name is really nice" I said.

"Thanks!same to you"

"Can I have your contact if you don't mind?" I asked.

"Sure" she replied and we exchange contacts and had a great conversations.

***

Aisha

I have been thinking so much. I honestly don't know what I'm thinking about sometimes.

" hey! What's wrong with you Aisha?" Mama cut off my thoughts
"Nothing mama is just stress "

"You can lie to anyone but not to me". She said.

" please mom don't start okay!?".

"Why are you talking to me like this girl? Don't forget I am your mother." She said.

That's my mom. She don't like peace at all. I wish she can do a little better, just a little.

"Mom! Is shouted abit and pushed away the plate I am eating from. I am on edge. There's so much going on inside my head. Nothing feels right.

"Sister please stay calm" Fatima replied nervously.

"Go inside Fatima " I said.
"But sis..."
"Go inside" I shouted at her.
"Okay" she left crying.

" why are you always behaving like this Aisha? Sometimes I really wonder if you're the same person I gave birth to". Mom said

"mom you make me like this, And we will forever continue like this. Your Dearing son has forgotten about us. But I am always at fault". I replied with the tears I was trying to hold.

"Don't bring his topic again. Just take a look at yourself. How many time have you rejected marriage just to study? We could have not been in this condition but you always disgrace me" she shouted at me.

My voice was cracking and I said : of course mom, you dearest son went abroad providing us with nothing. But what was my fault? For choosing a better future?

"Which better future idiot? Can't you see our condition?" She shouted.

"Okay mom. You will never change" I wiped up my tears and run to our room.

All I ask for is a loving mother. A mom that will understand how hard I'm trying. A mom that will see how broken I'm inside or let me out it this way. A mom that will see how much she broke me. I will never be enough for her. My brother cut us off completely, we don't even know anything about his life. I'm providing for this family along side studying. Still not enough. Will I ever be enough for someone?

****

Here we go! I hope you will enjoy I. Vote and comment if you do.❤️