58

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 58
ˡᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ: ᶠᵃᵐⁱˡʸ
ᵃᵗʰᵉⁿᵃ ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ...
.
.
.

Athena was comfortable with Matteo now. So comfortable with the easiness and natural feel that was their friendship. Or relationship, she wasn't quiet sure what to make of it. But they were sloppy about the team knowing about their relationship. Athena didn't know why they truly hid it in the begin. Maybe they never did, maybe she just didn't want to think about how this teddy bear of a man melted her steel heart.

But even the team knew they were madly in-love. It was near impossible for them to hide their happiness from everyone. It didn't help that Matteo was touching her every second of the day. They seemed to have that air around them, the kind of air that made single people sick to their stomachs. 

Athena was happy though.

Athena truly tried to act normal when  the team was staring at her. They had found out she had got most of her memory back. They just didn't know the sin that was committed to achieve that. The multiple sins

She really did try not to fidget when the team finally got her alone away from Matteo. Which was a task on itself. 

Though when they finally got her in the room with just the six of them. It started to look like an intervention.

"Athena," Gerenal sat down infront of her.

She quickly started signing, "I remember, I remember it all okay? I remember me leaving. But, but now I know why he made me leave. You guys told me how he was almost crazy with out me. And I'm sorry I left. But I understand where he was coming from. I would do anything to protect you guys."

Athena cracked her fingers and began again.

"You guys are my family. And they might not have to same relationship we do. But thry are his family."

At the mention of her family, her thoughts drifted back to her parents. They were died. Died for real this time. And somewhere in her broken mind, that was okay. But she only knew them for a week.

They never really became her family again. But the people infront of her, they were her real family.

Said family all just stared at her.

Great I'm crazy.

Slowly, Daniel started to laugh. Then suddenly all of them were laughing.

"No sweetheart, we don't care about all that. If you are happy, we are happy." Ford smiled as he slid onto the couch next to her.

She shook her head letting her head fall into her hands.

"You're getting your happy ending kid. Just don't leave us behind when you ride off into the sunset." Timothy walked over and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Athena playfully shoved him away.

"What’s it like, to be in love and have that other person love you, too? Is it another level of friendship? Another level of trust, vulnerability, always telling that person your thoughts and feelings, sharing every little thing with them so that you’re so in sync that it’s like you’re one person?" Daniel took a breath before starting up again.

"Is it like every time you see them, your heart goes wild, and you can’t think because you’re so effing happy? Is it like whenever they’re away, you feel like you’re missing a piece of yourself? Does knowing someone loves you fill you with confidence, because you know you’re the type of person who deserves love?"

He was breathless as he got out all his questions.

Athena smiled, becuase Daniel was as much as a romance virgin than he was a ACTUAL virgin.

"Have you ever been kissed, Daniel?" Ford asked sarcastically. Daniel hit him in the shoulder.

Life was good.

Her family was here, laughing and messing around. She was happy.

Then the phone rang.

Samuel groaned before answering it.

"Another day on the job." Ford sighed before leaning againidt the couch.

"Alright team. We head for California tomorrow. Pack your things." Samuel's boss voice was back.

Ford sighed getting up from the couch, he left out his hand for her. Athena grabbed it and was pulled from the couch.

She paused. "I have to tell him."

Ford looked confusingly at her, "tell him what?"

"I have to tell him." She signed before sprinting out the room."

"Shit. I got shit to say too." Ford smiled, following after her.

⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝
"𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎."
𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟼𝟾𝟸

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎.

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚍. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚋𝚖𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚘𝚕.

𝚃𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎,
𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 :")

𝚃𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎,𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 :")