CHAPTER 28

ZYLPHA POV

I'M VERY hesitant now to the point that I can't pull the trigger, it feels like a déjà vu for me? When I sniped Govan Briones, he was there standing beside Govan and now he was standing beside John Hutto? What on earth is happening?

Is this a coincidence? But I can feel that this is no longer a coincidence, it seems to be his purpose.

The way I have a mission or someone that I killed, he was there near my target. It's not just near but it seems like it was his long standing friends.

I flinched when Xaxhine spoked from earpiece. "Abort the mission, Code 09. You've only ten minutes to leave the room, the foe was already nearby."

What Xaxhine are doing there? Where's her father? The Chief?

"It's not a time to be shocked, Code 09. Take action! If you don't want to be caught by John Hutto's men!"

Parang nagising ako sa sigaw ni Xaxhine. I don't understand what's happening right now but I immediately took action and disassembled my sniper then put it in the case and quickly left the room. I didn't have time to remove my masquerade mask, when I heard footsteps nearby from me.

Xaxhine spoked from the earpiece, "In your left side, there's an exit nearby. Go there, faster!" I think Xaxhine watched me now from the screen and she led me the way where I could escape.

While I'm escaping, I can't stand to ask her. "What's happening, Xaxhine?" I'm utterly confused about what's happening. I don't understand!

I am confused by what is happening now. Sir Harrison was there beside John Hutto, my mission to kill John Hutto was unsuccessful and the manning of John Hutto was after me.

Wait...

The manning of John Hutto was after me? John Hutto?

"Xaxhine—" before I asked she cut me already.

"I know you are perplexed right now. John Hutto already knows that someone will assassinate him, before we plan to kill him secretly, it turns out that his plan is ready to catch whoever wants to kill him and he is not wrong in his plan. He was after you now, Zylpha." her voice tells me that she was so sorry for me because of what suddenly happened.

She sighed deeply, "We are too careless to underestimate him. We shouldn't underestimate him, he was a dangerous man, Zylpha. I'm sorry if my dad put you in this critical situation, but don't you worry I'm here to help you."

Huminto ako sa kalagitnaan ng pagbaba ng hagdan at napabuga na lang ng hininga sa sinabi ni Xaxhine.

I clenched my fist. He already planned before we planned to assassinate him. How a wise man, huh.

We shouldn't underestimate him? Well, huwag din niya akong mamaliitin. They trained me very well and I'm an expert at doing this.

I composed myself first, okay let's end this. If he already knows that someone will assassinate him. Well, I have more than thousands of plans to kill him.

I gritted my teeth, "Tell me what is the situation now?" I calmly asked before I continued down the stairs.

"Still, inside of the restaurant with..." She stopped. "You already—"

I cut her, "Okay, I'll continue my mission, I won't go home until my mission is finished." alam ko kung sino ang tinutukoy niya.

I decide, Sir Harrison and I will not be able to continue our date.

"Zylpha—" I take off my earpiece.

I know sir Harrison is not part of their agenda, I already investigate him. But what is he doing with one of the parts of the Red Mafia?