EPILOGUE

ZYLPHA'S POV

AFTER THE BLOODY battle night, I successfully killed Kijima Osaka. I left the room where I killed Kijima. When I left, I stopped for a moment and looked at the members of the Black Mafia I killed earlier who were now lifeless and bathed in their own blood. I was dizzy watching them and in no time my body gradually weakened due to the wound I received earlier, and my vision gradually darkened until I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was a white ceiling. I flickered my eyes for a second and looked around. My eyes focused on a woman sitting on a sofa while working on her laptop. When I saw her, I instantly knew who she was, so I wondered where I was now and what she was doing here.

She looked up at me, when she saw that I was awake she stopped whatever she was doing. "Oh, you're awake, that's good." She said and she put her laptop on her side then stood up from her seat and came to me. "How's your feeling? Are you feeling better now?" She's wearing a white lab coat and has a stethoscope attached to her neck.

"Where am I?" tanong ko at sana ay babangon ako ngunit nakaramdam ako ng kirot sa tagiliran. "Ahh!"

"Don't force yourself, your wound hasn't healed yet so don't move there yet."

I just stared at her and went back to lying down.

"What are you doing here, Hartleigh? And where am I?" I asked again confusedly.

"You are now here in the most private hospital in the US, resting after 3 days of unconsciousness. Xyz Leigh found you unconscious in the long corridor and Rui rescued you at Osaka Castle. Rui was so worried about your condition that he contacted me and sent me here just to treat your body."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you, Hartl—" hindi pa matapos-tapos ang sasabihin ko ng magsalita siya agad.

"And what the hell are you thinking, Zylpha?" bigla na lang nag bago ang ekspresyon ng mukha niya.

Nagtataka ako sa tanong niya."What?" ba't bigla na lang  nainis ang mukha niya.

"You know that you have chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, a cancer of the blood. What are you thinking, huh? Why did you just let your illness spread throughout your body?"

I was fully surprised. Inaasahan ko na 'to na malalaman niya ang sakit ko, syempre si Hartleigh yan malalaman talaga niya na may sakit ako.

"Do you think you can still produce a baby because of your condition? No, it's very complicated. You have very little left, Zylpha, and you haven't even once treated yourself just to live a long time. Do you think you can still do what you want to have children?" she questioned me.

Bigla akong nalungkot sa sinabi niya. Talaga bang hindi ako magkaka-anak dahil sa condition ko? Ba't hindi ko ito naisip noon pa na alam kong may delikado akong sakit. "Is there a possibility that I will have children if I have CLL?" I asked full of hope.

She stopped for a moment and looked at me sternly, afterwards she shrugged. "Possibly, CLL is a rare cancer that is uncommon during pregnancy but it can be treated. But, if you have been diagnosed with cancer, you are advised not to become pregnant, because chemotherapy and radiotherapy can harm the unborn baby."

Mas lalo akong nalungkot, at napahawak ako sa tiyan ko.

She sighed deeply. "If only I had known that you had this disease, I wish I wouldn't have continued the favour you asked of me, Zylpha. I wish I hadn't done it because you'll both be in danger."

I remembered the time I asked her for a favour when we were at the hospital where Thalassa was confined.

"Hartleigh…can I ask a favour?"