Nothing Serious Part 4

Author's Note:

4,600 words, unedited

4,600 words, unedited. A cliffhanger at the end.

********************

Go Eun arrived at Ayodhya Hotel at Nusa Dua, Bali, without realizing it's such a beautiful hotel designed as if it was the palace of Balinese Kings and Queens. She felt so lost she cried until she fell asleep. Physical and mental exhaustion made her sleep like the dead, and she woke up the next morning.

She remembered she had run away from reality. She was pregnant with Lee Min Ho's child, an old friend she had known since she was a child. She had to face him, her parents, Park Jin Young's parents, and her friends when she broke off her engagement and people found out she's pregnant with Min Ho's child. 

She panicked and became scared, then escaped to the first place that came to mind. 

She took her phone. 

She had turned it off when her plane took off the previous day, and hadn't turned it on again since. 

With her phone off, being in a place she had never been before, she was completely alone with her own thoughts and heart. And that, could be the scariest experience of all. 

She "made a child" with someone who didn't know about it. She wasn't thinking much. She was angry at Moon Ga Young. But that girl was just the trigger that topped off a lot of things. She made herself pregnant without really thinking she was ready to be a mother and raise a child or not. 

But it had happened, faster than she thought. She had a child in her womb, then. What should she do with the baby? Should she keep it, or get rid of it?

She didn't take a lot of things, but she brought her laptop. She opened it and began searching about "abortion in Bali."

She discovered that abortion was illegal in Indonesia except when the mother was in mortal danger. She couldn't just go to the clinic and get rid of the baby. 

However, she found she could induce miscarriage with certain dubious pills that she could buy online. 

She searched again, and found that "a miscarriage" meant some bleeding. Probably a lot. It's like the monthly period, times ten. 

Fear and disgust made her slammed her laptop shut. Then she realized she's shivering. 

I could buy some of those pills, then wait here until the baby's gone.

A sadness so severe overpowered her, and she collapsed to sobs and tears, so horrible until she curled to a ball on the bed. 

******************************************************

Probably she fell asleep again. 

She woke up with a headache, and a nausea.

She hadn't eaten anything for 24 hours.