His Beautiful Disaster 3

Author's Note:

2,800 words.

*********************

He took a good look at her, knowing that she was so desperate to hear the answer

He took a good look at her, knowing that she was so desperate to hear the answer. He's not going to take full credit of the reason she returned to Korea. He's sure she understood the importance of education, and well, her mother was there. No matter how their relationship was, blood was always thicker than water.

However, he believed that hearing the answer of her question was one of the reasons she returned home.

Was he or was he not dating Song Hye Kyo?

"We're very good friends, that's all."

".................I don't believe you."

"Why not?"

"She's so pretty! And she's the Head of The Math Ed Department in freaking Seoul National University! She sounds like your ideal partner."

"She's not my ideal partner, you know that."

His eyes hardened, and she felt like she said something wrong, but she still couldn't believe him.

"You're just friends with that gorgeous Unnie? Jinjja, Oppa?"

"We're good friends, really."

"How come???"

"Not all men and women who are good friends need to end up together, Go Eun-ah."

"Does she think of you only as a good friend, Oppa?"

There's a second gap in his answer. She practically could read his slight doubt.

"She likes you, but you only see her as a friend. You'll end up together eventually."

He smiled in exasperation, sighing.

"Stop predicting my future. You're not a fortune teller. And you're going to buy me lunch. I just got a Master in Science."

She smiled for the first time that day.

"You could've brought me to a more expensive restaurant. I'll gladly treat you."

"You can cook for me. That will be better."

"I can't cook."

"Even after two years in London?"

"Ne. I'm afraid I'll cut my fingers off or burn down the whole apartment building."

He laughed out loud at that. It felt like the longest time since he laughed that freely.

"Ahrasseo. Let's just order takeout for dinner tonight."

"From where?"

"Your new place near Yonsei."

She was taken aback.