Nothing Serious Part 3

Author's note:

Author's note:

4,600 words. Very mild NSFW.

**********************

On that week's Sunday lunch with her parents, Go Eun felt her stomach lurched. 

"Jin Young is not bad for a son in-law. That Park family owns so many hospitals in the country. I also like that he's a surgeon."

She stared at her mother, feeling like she's watching a makjang drama. 

"I'm not ready to marry yet."

"You're 26. Omma married when I was 22."

"Well, this is 2022."

"It's healthier to start having children before you're thirty years old. Everyone knows that. Ask any OB-GYN you know, that fact hasn't changed."

Fear seized her heart so much at the mention of children. She had no space yet in her heart, mind, time or life for children. What would she do with children? She couldn't even cook ramyeon without nearly burning her own kitchen. 

"I want to be spared from all these stupid arranged marriage business."

"You haven't chosen anyone, so we'll help you make that choice. We will choose a wedding date with the Park family for early next year."

"Appa, are you going to let her do this to me???"

Her father looked up from the numbers on his iPad, "You mom is correct. You need an heir for all your money."

"I'm not going to die anytime soon!"

"We know," her father said. "But you still need children."

"I can't believe this."

"We'll hold a small engagement party for you. Invite whoever you want from our circle."

"Omma, I've only known Jin Young-ssi for a week! And I don't even like him that much!"

"You'll like him in time."

"I'm not getting married next year!"

"You will," her mother replied with a final tone. 

****************************************************

Feeling cold all over, she drove to Jin Young's hospital. Luckily he wasn't in surgery or rounds. They stood at the hospital garden as Go Eun begged him to cancel their marriage plans. 

"I won't cancel anything," he replied, "It's better you than anyone else."

She started to feel dizzy. 

"We don't even like each other!!!"

"I do like you."

She gaped in annoyance and utter disbelief.