Manifesting Miracles

Author's Note:

A long time ago, in a community blog called livejournal, there were many writing challenges. One of them was to write something in 15 minutes without editing it. 

In the past few months, there's someone in real life that annoys the hell out of me. My energy is drained, and today, I finally finish my 6 days work week. Usually it's only 5 days. I was so tired, and I wanted to write, but I didn't know what to write. 

Then I remember this challenge. 

I will write four times in 15 minutes sessions. I will publish it without editing it. 

You can read now, or come back in two hours. 

*****************************************************

A Few Years From Now

Kim Go Eun stood on the balcony, her iPad lied on the seat next to her as she questioned her life choices. Apple TV wanted to produce the novel "The Shaman Behind a Dinasty," a famous, fictional novel about a shaman who helped a prince defeated his enemies and made him the emperor, then she was also the one who destroyed the emperor into nothingness once she found out he only loved her to use her for his dreams. 

The novel was a global best seller, penned by a South Korean, and she loved the book very much. It was completely unexpected to get the call from Apple TV. They would like to produce a series for it, and the first actress that they approached was her, to play the titular role of the shaman. 

However, earlier that afternoon, she just found out that she's pregnant with her second child. Her husband still didn't know about it, since he's been filming since very early in the morning.

It would be so amazing to star in that series. She felt confident she'd be able to do justice to the role. She even felt she'd be able to get an Emmy nomination out of it. 

But - she's pregnant. Eight weeks pregnant. She didn't notice she missed her period the previous month. She had stopped using the contraceptive injection since she was pregnant with her first. 

Was the baby wrong for coming to her at a wrong timing? 

She wouldn't lie. She thought of getting rid of the baby and to just go on with the Hollywood project. She's just a human being, and she's no angel. 

But then the idea made her shudder. 

She loved her first child immensely. She's a lovely, adorable three year old. 

She took three years off from the entertainment world to give birth and nursed her. 

Last year was her triumphant year. She starred in a series where she was the youngest female president in a fictional country. That role finally gave her a Best Actress Award in Baeksang Arts. That drama was the reason Apple TV thought of casting her.

However, a new life also decided to come to her. 

"Jagiya? What are you doing? It's cold outside."

She turned and saw Lee Min Ho standing there, her husband for five years, just back from filming, looking concerned because she's standing out there in the windy, early winter  weather. 

Seeing her face made her woke up from her trance. 

"Yeobo."

"Is there something wrong?" he asked urgently, sensing it without her really saying it. He marched to her and pulled her back inside. 

She padded back inside their bedroom, as he closed the glass doors. 

"I got an offer from Hollywood. It's about a shaman. Apple TV Plus."

A Flavorful Boxजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें