A Hopeless Case Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Some angst ahead, beware. 

**********************************************************

Friday night meant a break from getting more money, and after following all his targets and schedules, Min Ho chilled on a luxurious lounge that Seoul offered, playing pool with his sunbae.

He and Lee Jung Jae were childhood friends. They went to the same rows of private schools, NYU for bachelor degree and Stanford for Master Degree while serving the army in between. The same background, the same lifestyle, but different industries in which they expanded, thank God.

Min Ho was the one who invited his Hyeong, wanting to talk with someone to ease his jumbled thoughts lately.

"Hyeong?"

"Yup?"

"How does it feel to be married?"

Jung Jae abandoned his aiming strategies and straightened his back, looking at his junior with an amused expression.

"Wae? Knocked up someone?"

"Ani. Just curious."

Jung Jae chuckled and sipped his beer.

"Min Ho, come on. It's not your kind of question."

"Tsk. Can you just palli answer?"

"Ok, fine. How does it feel to be married, right?"

"Yeah" Min Ho waited impatiently.

"Feels good, actually."

"Jjinjja?"

"Ne."

"Like......good in what way?"

"Good as in......everything starts getting real. All those business deals, all that money in our accounts.....You'll always know there will be someone that is for you only, thinking of your well-being. And you feel the same about her."

"Have you ever.......slept with anyone else?"

"How typical of you to ask. And nope, the answer is no. I've been loyal since I married and I plan to stay that way."

"Jjinjja? Not even once? I won't tell, of course. If you....you know."

"I haven't. Because.....I don't want to see her cry. And I don't want the guilt. I'm also perfectly sure she's loyal too, so this is mutual respect."

Min Ho aimed a few times, trying to digest the information.

Jung Jae stood watching him, holding his own stick.

"But do you feel ......jailed, Hyeong?"

"No."

"Really?"

"Really. You see, Min Ho, there's something that you don't get yet. I'm not sure will you ever experience it or not, but I know this for sure. And my friends who are married or engaged all agreed with me."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Sex feels a lot better with someone who means a lot to you. And once you discover that, you'll stop wanting anyone else, no matter what kind of girls are throwing themselves at you."

His heart hammered with anxiety, and his voice sounded weird as he said, "You gotta be kidding me. Sex is sex. No matter with who. There's only good sex and bad sex."

"Yeah? Well how's this, imagine there's this girl you fell in love with. One day, she freaked out with you and slept with someone else. Compare the idea with a random model you slept with, who, for example, is also sleeping with someone else."