fourty-four | 44

gyutaro tightened his grip around your waist as you walked up the porch leading to a house. loud music reverberated off of the walls. people were scattered about the lawn dancing, drinking, smoking, and doing other activities you didn't want to partake in. unless you were with gyutaro, of course. ina sense, the house reminded you of a frat house house: full of people, slightly smelly, but also somewhat comforting.

this would be your first party of the year so you wanted to make it count. as you entered the main floor, there were people playing beer-pong along the side of a wall. two couches were littered with people laughing and talking. little ways down a hall, there was a kitchen compact with drinks and food. people stood around digging in the bowls or tossing drinks around.

"i'm going to find a hookup, peace." akaza saluted as he dabbed up gyutaro. within an instant he was merged inside of the sea of bodies. you shifted around as a woman pushed you into gyutaro "yo gyutaro!" someone called. all the attention was turned towards you both as people started to clap and cheer.

a microphone chimed on over the music. "it seems a very special guess, gyutaro, has decided to join us for the first time in a while tonight. everyone show the man some love!" the person chanted. the crowd started whooping and racing up to gyutaro as if he was some a list celebrity.

"hey man come play some games with us." a man said. "nah gyutaro you gotta check this out over here." another voice called."wait gyu i love your look tonight!" a girl giggled. so many people began swarming around you both began to make you feel a little sick. gyutaro slowly started to get pulled away from your grip as people pushed you out of the way. gyutaro turned to look at you and shrugged his shoulders. he mouthed "i'll be back! i love you!" before completely sinking into the crowd.

your face contorts into a look of confusion. neither of you had said you loved the other yet. a large smile slowly grows on your face as you wave him goodbye. you blow him a kiss before he's completely engulfed in people. you awkwardly shift around looking for something to do. parties weren't really your settings. "you should probably move before someone knocks you over." a man noted.

you turn around to face a guy who was probably a little bit older then you. his hair ran down to his back in layers. it was dyed a dark red. his eyes were a dark brown, but they seemed to lighten from certain angles. he was originally leaned against the the couch arm but walked over when your eyes connected. "kokoshibo." he stated. youtook his hand in yours and shook it. his hands felt rough and worn.

"[y/n]." you admit. he nods and smiles at you with sincerity. "did you want a drink or anything?" he offers."no thanks." you reply, "not now at least."

kokoshibo chuckle, turning around to face the living room. he shook his head and laughed before turning back to face you. "we can go sit in there or we can go out back. there's a pool if you're up for swimming." he suggests. "i won't be swimming but i could use some fresh air." you hum.

"me too." he sighs. "do you mind if i?" he questions as he extends his hand to take yours. you tightly hold onto him as he pushed through the crowd. lots of 'excuse me's' and 'i'm sorry's' we're exchanged as you made your way to the backyard. the pool emanated a bright blue color that slowly merged into red, which turned into a yellow.

your mind drifted off to when you stayed the night with tengen . a little pang of pain clustered around your heart. "you okay [y/n]?" kokoshibo questioned, waving his hand in front of you. "yeah i'm fine." you respond. he leads you away from everyone to a bench further out in the yard.

"so you came here with gyutaro and akaza right?" kokoshibi asked as he sat down on the old wooden bench. "yeah." "well how do you like them?" he inquired as he sips from his red solo cup. "i mean , they're alright." you smile. "aww you're smiling though." kokoshibo teases.

he budges you in your side as he did so. "well gyutaro and i are kinda like, i don't know." you lowly hum. "so you like him?" kokoshibo polls. "i mean yeah i like him. a lot actually. i might even love him?" you question yourself. "that's a heavy word [y/n]." kokoshibo gasps.

"well, i don't know man. i wish we were dating sometimes. he's like my boyfriend but without the label." you explain, "He even acts like my boyfriend. but i don't know." you sigh."well, i personally think you should talk to him about it." kokoshibo suggests.

you glance at him for a quick moment. "you think?" you question. the fact kokoshibo was so friendly and wanted to help you caught you by surprise. he acted nothing like gyutaro nor akaza. "let's go do it right now actually!" kokoshibo excitedly suggests.

your eyes widen in surprise at his idea. you knew you had feelings for gyutaro. you also knew that gyutaro had feelings for you. but to actually start dating him? you weren't over tengen yet for that matter. "c'mon let's go." he cheers as he stands to stretches . you stand up and adjust your dress before quickly doing the same.

you both enter the house and push your ways back through the living room and to the upstairs. "he used to live with us here but then moved out so he could take care of his little sister." kokoshibo yelled over the music, "he's probably in his old room!"

you're walked l down a long narrow hallway, stopping just before the last door. it was a faded green with a poster of a pitchfork on it. kokoshibo swings the door open and smiles. he steps into the room shouting. "gyutaro look-" his smile instantly fades. he grimaced as he slowly shut the door.

he put his hands on your shoulders and slowly pushed you back. "maybe we should come back. he's not in there right now." kokoshibo whispered. "why are you making that face?" you playfully question. kokoshibo didn't respond and continued to push you back.

you firmly plant your feet down on the floor to halt his movement. "whatever you saw i wanna see." you stated. kokoshibo shook his head and sighed. "[y/n] please." ignorning him, you push past him and jog to gyutaro's room. you push open the door and your body becomes still.

"[y/n] don't look!" kokoshibi yelled as he barreled towards you. the music that played loudly in the background seemed to cease. you could hear your heartbeat get louder in your ears as you cocked your head to the side.

your stomach seemed to drop lower and lower towards the ground. although it was absolutely crushing you, your eyes stayed planted on the scene before you. now you were really starting to wish you had stayed home.